Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Beware of Blogger



Class called to order! I have a "Blond" coming-on which translates in my emotional body to 'it's time to get back over here at Blog-Blond and rant a little'! Yes, you heard me right. I'll resume Bloggers Anonymous after I get my rant out.

Actually, it's a mini-multiple rant mixer, so buckle your seat belts--the ride will be just a bit bumpy--so Hear Ye, Hear Ye: Listen Up!

I want you to go within and inquire: have your blogging boundaries been crossed--have these things happened to you too--and how did you feel about it?

1. Your boundaries are not being respected. Because you're blogging (rather than working on a major project such as a world-class best-selling novel or selling a multiple level marketing product that will make you a gadzillion dollars in your fantasies), others think they can interrupt you, ask you mind-numbing, dull-a** questions, attempt to chat with you for hours on the phone, or request that you run an errand for them which will take you out of your blog zone and into the dead zone.

2. Your pay-out hasn't happened yet with your blog because your blog is new, and it takes time to monetize your blog. Therefore, blogging isn't considered respectable by your peers because it hasn't yet paid off. You are scorned for being a dreamer and a blabbing dreamer at that. The subject of blogging is quickly changed to the downturn of the stock market.

3. You are still in a huge blog learning curve, and sometimes for no reason known to mice or men your sidebar sags on Internet Explorer but not on Firefox. Thus, you are frantic and want to fix it, but alas, no one is around to assist because they are busy blogging, working or not replying to your desperate emails... therefore you feel abandoned by others. On the other end of the equation, you (whose sidebar is 'not' sagging anymore) are trying to finish your d***** blog and not fix sidebars anymore. It took you forever to fix your own sag, ya know?

4. You receive a lovely comment on your blog as I did recently. Read my comments on the recent Blog-Blond. It had a whiff of marketing to it, but hey, it's a Comment for heaven's sake! Someone actually wrote a comment! So you publish it (as I did), and the next thing you know you're surfing other blogs, and you discover (mock horror) the identical comment on someone else's blog which confirms you've been played. It's no big-deal really (we're big boyz and girlz here right?), and this is just another lesson on the blurry bloggy briar patch path. However, you are left with a feeling that someone has crossed your boundary.

5. You hand your beautiful (not inexpensive!) blogging card to someone who is pretending to be your friend, and they contemptuously push it away on the dinner table and won't even take it from you! They act as if blogging is beneath them.

You are probably 'getting-it' that ALL of these boundary-crossings have happened to your adorable, lovable teacher, which indeed they have! However, I know more than a little about the Laws of the Universe which apply to Boundary Crossings, Etiquette, and Sweet Revenge which I will share with you.

First--from the Law of the Universe Workbook: Focus on what you want and NOT ON WHAT YOU DON'T WANT! Consider this: the negative polarity is dominant in the human experience game, and sadly this is where all these "Boundary Crossers" are hanging-out. Let's call their hang-out The B****** Boundary-Crossing Bar. They are sitting around slugging back beers because beers start with 'b', and they're boozing and bragging about how they bugged you. However, they don't know that you resonate to the frequency of the awakened Blog-Blond and their stuff has slid off you like sweat on a hot summer day. They resonante on the same low frequency which is not the frequency you resonate with at all. It's really that simple. While they are belching their beers, you are busily enjoying life and focusing on positive subjects such as getting your blog crawled by Google, deciding which advertising sponsor you are going to put on your blog, dessert, divine roses and back-up support from Sekhmet who knows a thing or too about sweet revenge. Roar! Sekhmet's Roar is high on the scale of fabulosity!

Number two is learn to say the word NO! This is unacceptable.

Homework Assignment: Study this blog.

Class dismissed. Remember your teacher's tips!


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 2:45 PM

5 Comments

  • Blogger Jax posted at Wednesday, July 19, 2006  
    Just wanted to say great blog. I'm a lurker - I check this blog often but have never commented.

    Annoying isn't it? I think there are more than just a couple of people that check my blog but I only have two regular commenters (which I appreciate, believe me)

    So, darnit, you're being read by me.

    And this comment has nothing to do with the fabulous "Beware of Blogger" post.

    Good night.
  • Blogger Mommy off the Record posted at Wednesday, July 19, 2006  
    Thanks for visiting my blog the other day. And also thanks for the great link to that blogger trix site. I've always wondered how to work with my blogger template so I am excited to read more. Cheers!
  • Blogger Gattina posted at Sunday, July 23, 2006  
    Finally I had time to read your blogs. So busy with blogging that I don't write, speak or paint only in blogs. I blog my friends, I blog my family, they say I am a blog madame, and my cats also think that I am blogging crazy. I don't speak to my neighbors, I blog, I don't call anybody anymore, I am blogging. The telephone rings I have no time I blog. Sometimes I have to interrupt my blogging to go there were even the king walks, but I loose time for blogging.
    So don't think I am crazy, because now, I talk to my neighbours, I talk on the phone and I am even sitting in the sunshine, I suddenly realized that I lived and not only in a blog !
  • Blogger Gattina posted at Sunday, July 23, 2006  
    Finally I had time to read your blogs. So busy with blogging that I don't write, speak or paint only in blogs. I blog my friends, I blog my family, they say I am a blog madame, and my cats also think that I am blogging crazy. I don't speak to my neighbors, I blog, I don't call anybody anymore, I am blogging. The telephone rings I have no time I blog. Sometimes I have to interrupt my blogging to go there were even the king walks, but I loose time for blogging.
    So don't think I am crazy, because now, I talk to my neighbours, I talk on the phone and I am even sitting in the sunshine, I suddenly realized that I lived and not only in a blog !
  • Blogger Gattina posted at Sunday, July 23, 2006  
    Finally I had time to read your blogs. So busy with blogging that I don't write, speak or paint only in blogs. I blog my friends, I blog my family, they say I am a blog madame, and my cats also think that I am blogging crazy. I don't speak to my neighbors, I blog, I don't call anybody anymore, I am blogging. The telephone rings I have no time I blog. Sometimes I have to interrupt my blogging to go there were even the king walks, but I loose time for blogging.
    So don't think I am crazy, because now, I talk to my neighbours, I talk on the phone and I am even sitting in the sunshine, I suddenly realized that I lived and not only in a blog !
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link