Friday, December 22, 2006

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!!!




OK class...I'm gonna share a lil secret with ya. And it's not about my brunch with Mrs. Claus for the re-telling of that will be on another post. (Hint: he's not that into her anymore, but she's cool with this!)
This is about my buddy Dave Taylor's email which arrived this morning in my crowded email box. Actually, I'm surprised I read it because there are so many things on my LIST to do, and sometimes I wait on the more serious reads if you know what I mean. I subscribe to Dave Taylor's blog because he's a smarty pants, and I learn a lot from him. Today I learned about his hazardous drive home to try and reach his family for Christmas which touched my heart and ALSO about his wise tip about Harry Potter!

What is that you say? Yes, this is why I have titled my posting the way I did. You can blame it all on Dave Taylor--bless his blogging heart as he sat in some miserable motel in podunk New Mexico fretting about making it home in time for Christmas in snowed-in Colorado. So he titled his blog with the Harry Potter title "with the intent of hopefully ranking well in the search engines for the book title. Have a look at the entry and see if you can catch how I'm trying to get maximal search engine placement for the title." Great idea, I said to myself. I shall co-opt this title and simply add exclamation marks instead of a question mark. This isn't illegal, is it? This is what students do: we copy the masters! This is my BIG blogging tip to you for Christmas. Copy what the successful ones do!

So I did what Dave kindly asked me to do like a schmoo, and then of course, you know what happens next, right? You're off on another surfing adventure, and an hour later and many cups of cappuccino delivered to you by your love slave, you've barely begun to read the rest of your email. Oy Vey! What's a blogging fool to do but go where the arrows point and/or the crumbs left by adorable Tisha? This is why I don't dare go near computers all the time. Got me? I get caught and addicted! Then my BFF has to drag me kicking and screaming away to go shopping. Imagine!

Anywho, I got lead into J. K. Rowling's website where I've never been before. Have you? It's quite magical and tricky...and once you get there, you find yourself being led further and further into the dark woods of her imagination and/or her website designer. I was trapped fer sure! Thank Goddess, there are angels!

Truth be told, I've never read a Harry Potter book before. Have you? However, maybe it's time for me to catch up on my reading, and so I'll put myself into the Amazon wait-list for this one. I heard that Harry is going to get killed off soon so that J.K. can finally retire with all her loot and either become England's answer to Saint Oprah or travel the world on a mega yacht giving her books away to savages. I can't say I blame her (about retiring, that is) because she's been working-it for so many years it boggles my brain. And yet the babe still looks good whenever I catch her on the tube, which makes me suspect she has elves working for her like Santa!

Good Tidings, Blog-Blondistas!

I'm being dragged away---(owwww, that hurts!) I hope Dave makes it home safely!


Technorati Tags:, Harry Potter,,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 10:44 AM

2 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at Friday, December 22, 2006  
    You're so real it hurts....rofl! Keep those posts coming.You're making my Christmas baby.
  • Anonymous Al Magi posted at Saturday, December 23, 2006  
    Your site is wild
    And full of style

    I went to J K Rowling
    I left howling!

    Thanks for the lead
    You've done a great job
    I will go there when I need feed
    You are my heart throb....
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link