Monday, February 19, 2007

Even MORE Blog-Blond Awards & Gossip

Photo: Charles Pfeil

Yooohoooo Class, I'm back! (Cue music from Jaws) Yes, I've been on another LONG journey within the massive Blogosphere. I've taken tons of notes (lost them probably five times), scoped-out a gadzillion blogs (some of you may have seen my photo in your sidebar via MyBlogLog), left brief comments (ok, one LONG one!), and have juicy blog gossip to share with you today.

Before I hand out more Blog-Blond Awards, I want you to know I wasn't serious when I posted the Valentine on my last post. BECAUSE I DO MISS YOU! I don't know what got into me! Smile! You all rock! Especially Mushy!

I want to fill you in on the controversial 2,000 bloggers project. If any of my astute students wish to add to my version, please feel free to make a comment-- even though your blondalicious teacher attempts to get things right, sometimes (rarely) I'm wrong. With that said, here's my (somewhat skewed) version of what came down:

Tino Buntic had a brilliant idea one day while petting his cat. (I made that cat part up, but I liked the feeling-tone and image). So Tino followed up his brainstorm and created (with the very best of intentions) a blog with 2,000 blogging faces linked to their blogs. This will go down in Blog History as the infamous 2,000 Blogger Project. If you recall, I gave him an award for the Best Sardine Blog. And yes, my face was squeezed in with all the rest of your crazy-a$$ mugs. I thought to myself at the time, why didn't MY cat help me with that great idea! Now, I'm glad my cat was hiding in the closet.

However, dear Tino caught serious flak with his awesome creation, and he was (I feel unfairly!) accused of creating a "link farm" by some. In his defense, a knight/bloke, InstaBloke stepped into the fray along with other bloggers to weigh-in with their take about the controversy. (Meanwhile, Tino probably wished he had never petted his cat that day.) However, this 2000 project had beyootiful LEGS, and the 2,000 Project now has a new home here: 2K Bloggers. Many offshoots have blossomed. Check out these links. Is this THE happy ending, or the beginning of something else? Will there be scary Cafe Press t-shirts and YouTube videos spawned? Only time will tell.

That's the gossip for the day and now on with the Blog-Blond Awards:

Best Nutso Bride Blog: Offbeat Bride

Best Easy-Way-To-Make-Money Off Blog Monkeys Blog: Buy A Banana

Best Non-Conformist Thinking Blog: The Thinking Blog

Best Humor Post Aggregator Blog: Humor-Blogs

Best Satiric in-Your-Face Blog : zefrank

Best New Post Linking Concept Blog: Face Ads

Best Gorgeous Photography Photoblog: Barcelona

Best Outrageous Rich People Toys Blog: Born Rich

Best Going -For- It- Blog: Choose My Name

Best You- Gotta -Be -Kidding- Me Blog: Are You My Wife

Best Road Warriors with Faith: Hitch 50

That's it for today! Keep your eye out for me as I continue my search for more awesome blogs. I've been known to pop up all over the place, but don't believe the gossip- it wasn't me who talked Britney into shaving her head. I just made one teensy weensy candid remark to her that her hair was fried from jumping back and forth between blond and brown ,and that she needed to decide on a color for once and for all. The next thing you know, she decided--if you can call bald a color. P.S. This post will be listed on Humor-Blogs, and if you wanna read other humorous posts, check 'em out.

Technorati Tags:, Project 2000,,

Labels: ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 11:36 AM

7 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at Tuesday, February 20, 2007  
    You're one of the funniest bloggers, and it's good to see you back posting again. Good links too.
  • Blogger Blog Bloke posted at Tuesday, February 20, 2007  
    Hi Kuanyin. Thanks for the honorable mention, but am I a white or a black "knight"?

    BTW, you don't need technorati tags with labels. The labels work just as good.

    Cheers!

    ...BB
  • Blogger Kuanyin posted at Tuesday, February 20, 2007  
    You're totally a noble WHITE knight Sir Bloke! Mahalo for clue-ing me in on the tags and labels...I had wondered about this now that I'm working with the New Blogger! This will save me a helluva lot of time, so the tip is much appreciated!
  • Blogger Diesel posted at Wednesday, February 21, 2007  
    Thanks for the humor-blogs shout out! :)
  • Blogger Tisha! posted at Thursday, February 22, 2007  
    Hi darling!

    Tino, Tino, Tino! hoorah
  • Blogger Carlos posted at Friday, February 23, 2007  
    Gosh I forgot the notes I had memorized for the ceremony just in case ;). Thank u for the award Kuanyn!. It is always rewarding when your work is praised. I am sincerely flattered by this award. It means that someone out there devoted a tiny bit of her precious time in me!. By the way, did I say that I like your smart humour?. By the way, we are fellow 2k bloggers too, fuelmybloggers,myblogloggers...God I love it! Hey try this one too: http://www.milliondollaravatar.com/(Are we on air? How do I step down? Which way to leave the stage? :)
  • Anonymous Gen posted at Friday, February 23, 2007  
    You keep it real and very funny!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link