Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Totally Appropriate "So What" Blog Post


Class, I received a comment today from one of the gang, Mr. Humor-Blog himself! And he inspired me with his Totally Inappropriate Card Day. Thus, I have a confession to make to ya'll: with my recent massive blog surfing/sniffing/surveying/snooping combined with the recent partying at the Oscars (and especially the after parties!), your unique and very special blogs have become one big blur to me. I can't recall who is who anymore unless you tap HARD on my blog with comments. So Identify Yourself by comments. I don't even care if they're inappropriate. In fact, the more inappropriate-- the more I'll laugh, and that's a way to win brownie points with your blondalicious teacher. HINT!

Did you listen to me and blog about the Oscars? That was your homework...remember?! You probably were very naughty while I was busy and forgot all about the Oscars or went to sleep like so many did during the Oscars and then woke up with total amnesia.

I checked out the blogs on Outpost Earth, and I was shocked at how many dinky bloggers let this Oscar opportunity pass them by. What a waste! My blogging tip of the day for you, my beloved students, is to get into the game. Blog about current events! Leave comments on other blogs about their post of current events and mix it up a bit. Don't be shy. Let your blood-curdling, scary, freaky voices be heard! What's the worst thing that can happen to you? As long as you don't slander someone or use profanity, your blog is your chance to write your truth.

So with that truly inspirational speech, I have this to say to you today: Have you heard of the Tyra Bank's "So What!" campaign? You haven't?! Seriously? Which rock did you say you live under? Well, here's the scoop:

Tyra really let it all out on her last show with everyone in her audience including her (gorgeous 161 pound self) wearing their 'weight' numbers on their tight red swimwear. And then they all did a gut-releasing Shout-Out about their numbers! This was a cathartic moment, not only for them but for all the millions of viewers who have carried around shame about their weight issues. The show blew me away, and I am totally enlisted in the Tyra Banks fan club. She's a woman who is shaking up all the old paradigm 'programming' show by show. Go Tyra!

Today I want to do my own So-What! So What if my students don't listen to their wise, gorgeous, sexy, funny teacher! So What if you don't post comments! So What if you don't like what I write! So What if I don't like what you write!

Isn't it about time we let up on ourselves? We can't always be appropriate. Sometimes we can be deliciously naughty and inappropriate.


Labels: , , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 12:02 PM

5 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at Tuesday, February 27, 2007  
    One of your best posts ever. Like your style Blondie.
  • Anonymous Gen posted at Wednesday, February 28, 2007  
    Love the So What times!
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at Thursday, March 01, 2007  
    Ok Rob...it worked for me! Your turn at commenting!
  • Anonymous tom posted at Saturday, March 03, 2007  
    I love blogging blonds!!
  • Blogger TorAa posted at Tuesday, March 06, 2007  
    OMG, why does it take a week from Hawaii to Norway? And please tell more about all your last sicknesses, and your troublesome neighbours and meme my here's and there's and all the intelligent and personality tests you have passed lately. I try all such tests on my cats, they look at them, look at me, shook their heads and find a place to nap. They only love one test: The Pollock Sound Test. They never fail.

    =^.^=
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link