Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Blog-Blond Ponders Blog Backlash Plus A Test


Class: I have been pondering the subject of having your blog become TOO popular. Does a backlash happen when your name or your blog appear everywhere? Backlash is the phenomena which happens to celebrities, Hollywood stars and politicians when their stories and faces appear on too many magazine covers, too many television shows, tabloid papers, etc. A backlash results from their overexposure, and their former popularity with their fans (or constituents) morphs into hostility, disdain and snarky remarks. Mind you, some of these folks have it coming, but for the most part, I feel that their overexposure is the main culprit for the fans/loyalists/crowd turning on them. Witness in recent times the fall from grace of Michael Jackson, Paris Hilton, and Britney Spears to name a few. Does the same thing happen to bloggers?

I believe it does! Here's how I feel and think when I see an OVEREXPOSED BLOGGER: Disgust! No! Not them again! Cover up! Arggggh! Merely reading their name or news about their blog One Mo Time has totally turned me off to them! Maybe they were once 'All That' in my eyes, but no more. They have overexposed themselves! They are over-blogging. They are seducing other bloggers with impunity. I would like to tell these bloggers: Chill a bit, will ya? You don't need to be king or queen of the Blogosphere every effing day of the week! Get a life! Let someone else shine for a brief moment, will ya? Your ego is being buffed way too hard! You can live a day without blogging, and we'll be much happier!

Now that I've got that mini rant out of my system, I'd love to read your feedback through comments! In the meantime, here's a mini test to determine how much you've learned about blogging, bloggers, blogs, The Bleeping Blogosphere, and so on and so forth. These are multiple choice questions, so the answers shouldn't be too hard for you!

Viral Buzz is:
a. a deadly virus communicated by airborne particles through the computer screen--a new way to weed out serious bloggers from the hordes of bloggers
b. blog rumor gone haywire
c. the latest haircut for hip bloggers
d. catchy phrase for marketing to the blog in-crowd
e. none of the above
f. all of the above
g. some of the above
h. get outta here!

The Long Tail is:
a. a blog that's rambles on for far too long
b. the nickname of an overexposed blogger
c. code word for boring statistics which boring bloggers like to blog about
d. the 80/20 rule
e. all of the above
f. none of the above
g. are you serious?

Social Media is:
a. the gossip about you in the blogosphere
b. your friends and f*** the rest
c. MySpace which has impregnated the remaining blogosphere
d. Soaped
e. all of the above
f. none of the above
g. some of the above
h. give me a break!

Class dismissed! See ya whenever I feel like it. I prefer to keep a few clothes on my blog as I'm not into indecent overexposure. What do you have to say to this, Mr. "Humor-blogs.com"?

Labels: , , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 1:11 PM

3 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at Wednesday, March 28, 2007  
    Seeing how your avatar has quite a bit of vavavoom, I can see where lonely old toads would come right in. Being a mangy and sourpuss visaged cat, I don't have that problem. It's a trade off worthy of a few hairballs.

    meow.
  • Anonymous Gen posted at Wednesday, March 28, 2007  
    Hot blog ,hooter photo
  • Anonymous KC posted at Thursday, March 29, 2007  
    Since I'm bored, I've decided to attempt your quiz, not that you give a damn at all...:-))
    So the answers are:
    Viral Buzz is: b(just guessing here)
    The long tail is: c(?)
    Social Media is: My Space (though i prefer Flickr since i don't do My Space. It seems to be a waste of online-space and time and energy...blah! Aren't blogs enough?)
    Anyway, just wanted to say "hello" again, and that I've added you to my blogroll, because your posts never fail to get a smile out of me. More of a smirk since i so agree with your views, but a smile sounds way nicer, right? :-))
    So keep telling it like it is!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link