Saturday, March 31, 2007

What If Your Blog Were A Movie?


Class: as I lay upon the massage table today receiving my favorite hot rock massage from my favorite masseuse, I had a brilliant vision! And I'm so excited about this and the ramifications I simply can't wait to share it with you, even on a Saturday!

Here's the concept: What if your blog were a movie? What kind of movie would it be? A drama, an adventure, a romantic comedy, a sci-fi flick? My homework assignment for you (whenever you get around to it, of course, since I'm such a sweetheart of a teacher!) is to Imagine Your Blog As A Movie! This is my/your/our next step! We have to enlarge our vision of what a blog is! We have to stop perceiving our blogs as a little 'cyber thingy', and instead view our blogs as living, breathing, larger-than-our-computer-screens projects! Talk about Living Large!

Here's what happened to me as I began my visualization process for Blog-Blond, a romantic comedy MOVIE with a blogging storyline. Suddenly I saw exactly who should star in it (as me!) and that would be Kate Hudson with Sandra Bullock as her BFF! Kate's Mom is Bette Midler, and Kate's love interests are Owen Wilson, Johnny Depp, Adam Sandler, and Jeff Goldblum. Stop! Before you go there in your heads, don't imagine I am all that attracted to these particular actors. I simply feel they are excellent actors with a quirky edge who would fit my casting requirements for the Blog-Blond movie, ok?!

Kate Hudson's real-life Mom, Goldie Hawn, would also have a part, and I could see myself playing a walk-on character. After all, it's my massage-table vision, and if I can't imagine myself in my own movie, what kind of vision would it be?!

Here's the best part and why I'm so excited to teach you this: as you begin filling in the colors, the scenes, the characters, the lines, the clothes, and so on and so forth, what happens is that your blog begins to evolve. It's like you're Dr. Frankenstein, and your monster...err, your blog is going to be a walking-talking creature in living color. It's not a blog anymore because you have endowed it with Life Force!

Blog Movies are the Future! This is the next step beyond YouTube. And we're the early blog-pioneers of this evolving art form! Happy Dance! Happy Dance! Listen to me, my beloved students! My massage visions are prophetic!

Leave comments as to what kind of movie your blog will be. You don't have to leave the particulars so the Hollywood sharks can snag all your juicy creativity. Just leave me the basics, and we'll juice each other as we brave this new blog frontier.

Oh, I almost forgot. I want "Mr. Humor-Blogs.com" to play a role in my movie too. I think he'd make a loveable, irreverent Reverend. Oh yeh!

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 5:52 PM

5 Comments

  • Blogger Blog Bloke posted at Saturday, March 31, 2007  
    I've always perceived myself as the online personification of Brad Pitt. I know, I still have some work to do.
  • Blogger Blog Bloke posted at Saturday, March 31, 2007  
    This is a little off-topic, but I updated the post for you with some pics and more instructions.

    http://blog.instabloke.com/2007/03/easy-way-to-add-translation-link-icons.html

    Let me know if it helps. Cheers!
  • Blogger Monojoy™ ® posted at Saturday, March 31, 2007  
    Hmmm... I think my blog would be a cross between 'The Celestine Prophecy' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls'!!! Odd, isn't it? Just like me! ;-)
  • Anonymous Edward Wolf posted at Sunday, April 01, 2007  
    Interesting idea. I'll have to think about this to get it formed in my mind. However, I think mine might look like "The Odd Couple."
  • Blogger Kuanyin posted at Sunday, April 01, 2007  
    BB: I posted a comment on your blog thanking you....however,there isn't a page element on my New Blogger Account which is very mystifying to me!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link