Monday, April 02, 2007

Blog Tips: Does Your Blog Have The Snooze Factor?


You're shocked that I'm posting so early, aren't you class? I had such a powerful dream I slid my Blondalicious Body from my ivory silk sheets and ran to my desktop computer just so I could share the dream with you before it slipped away! In my dream I was told to post about The Snooze Factor, to define it, and then offer examples of posts by others which DO NOT HAVE the Snooze Factor. Perhaps you will re-think your posts and keep them from reeking of the dreaded Snooze Factor!

What is the Snooze Factor?

Have you ever read a blog with posts so boring you couldn't remember what you read if someone offered to pay you a gadzillion dollars? I'll let you in on a little secret--there are lots of blogs which impact me this way! Tedious, ho-hum, blah!, same-o, same-o blogs which offer me no new insights, have a zero 'edge', and are total cookie-cutter. In other words, they put me to sleep--thus, the term the Snooze Factor! These kind of posts and blogs are abundant in the blogosphere. Statistics reveal that more people become exceedingly drowsy reading blogs than they do the news or looking at images of attractive people or cute animals.

Why are these posts and blogs so abundant?

It's simple-- the author hasn't found his "blog voice", the authentic truth he/she wishes to communicate. Because of this, the post/blog could be interchanged with millions of others, and no one would know any difference for the content is nearly identical. These blogs are generic blogs originating from the infamous Blog Cloning Device, a technology so devious I don't even wish to say more.

How does one discover their Blog Voice?

Use your imagination for a moment and ask yourself these questions:
What is the purpose for your blog? What is it you wish to convey? Have a good sit-down talk-it-out with your blog-- are you writing for your audience or for yourself? What is your blog niche? Is your blog in the right niche? Does your personality shine through in your posts? Do your posts offer something which other blogs don't? What sets your blog apart from the rest? Finding your blog voice is most often a process of experimentation. As you go through the trials and errors (tribulations) of experimentation, one fine day you will experience being In The Zone. Goose bumps or shivers may run up your spine, and you will have the absolute knowing. You will have discovered Your Blog Voice. It's the Big O of Blogging. You have arrived. You can now speak back to the Big Dog! Oh yeh!

Can one always remain In The Zone?

Tricky...but very possible!
Certain blogs are always on the money, and others consistently hit their mark 90 % of the time. Practice, polishing your prose, and paying attention to the blog zeitgeist is necessary.

Here are TWO examples of posts by excellent bloggers which have ZERO Snooze Factor. These two men have discovered their Blog Voice, and their blogs offer great content and have personality plus which is the winning package.

Read this post by Brian Clark of Copyblogger.

Read this post by Blog Bloke of InstaBloke.

Does this post work for you, Mr. "Humor-blogs.com"? My darling fans: Remember to link and subscribe to me because I'm full of fun & surprises! Zero Snooze Factor going on here!

Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 11:38 AM

9 Comments

  • Blogger Mushy posted at Monday, April 02, 2007  
    Why am I gettin' paranoid that you are preaching to me and my blog? I haven't been smokin' nuttin'!
  • Blogger cineylens posted at Monday, April 02, 2007  
    :( :( :(
    my blog got the snooze factor...
    :(

    anyway, thanks for the tips to awaken my blog :)

    got here through KC (insight.blogzine.jp), she hasn't got the snooze factor...*grin*
  • Blogger TOM posted at Tuesday, April 03, 2007  
    You are so right, it's a challenge to be fresh and original...Loved both links...Still I'm having trouble focusing on everything you said because early in your post you put this image of you in my head, "I slid my Blondalicious Body from my ivory silk sheets and ran to my desktop computer" I am just wondering...Were you wearing Bunny Pajamas??
  • Anonymous Edward Wolf posted at Tuesday, April 03, 2007  
    Good post. I did my homework and went to both links. I amy not get an "A" but I think I learned a little. Thanks.
  • Blogger Diesel posted at Tuesday, April 03, 2007  
    I'm Mr. Humor-Blogs by day, and Mr. Mattress Police by night. Or is it the other way around? Crap. Now my wives are going to find out.
  • Blogger Blog Bloke posted at Tuesday, April 03, 2007  
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

    Oops, sorry. Now where was I? Oh yeah, you can be my dominatrix anytime babe. And thanks for the link.

    ...BB
  • Blogger Tisha! posted at Wednesday, April 04, 2007  
    Me Lady that was a truly insightful post! I wish to link to it my next post if that is ok with you?
  • Blogger Matt-Man posted at Thursday, April 05, 2007  
    My niche is perverts and drunks. I just share a type of kinship with those types. Cheers!!
  • Blogger Jenny posted at Saturday, April 14, 2007  
    Hey lady... just ran across your blog and I have to say, I am loving it! totally gonna RSS you. Off to try and figure out if my blog has the zzzz factor!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link