Monday, April 23, 2007

How Am I Going To Teach Blogging 101?


Class, I've got my first blogging teaching gig lined up for May, a world-wide tele-seminar for a group of newbie blogging dummies. I've been going through my copious notes and considering what to teach others about blogging who aren't as smart as ya'll, my beloved (and deliciously naughty!) cyber students. It's crazy, but would you believe the statistics show that 8 out of 10 Americans have never even heard or read the word 'blog'? Simply So Sad!

Of course, I will begin with the blogging basics, the abc's of basic blogging. But where do I go from there? As I was pacing the floor and slapping the ruler in my hand (wearing my new black silk designer robe), I pondered the potential level of ignorance of this upcoming class, and then I had a mini brainstorm! What about asking my cyber students (that would be you!) to give your blondalicious teacher some advice? Turnabouts fair play, and I kinda like getting spanked....err taught some new things! So I'm going to ask you questions about your blog learning curve and experiences. From your comments and advice, I will know how to proceed with my new class.

Here are the questions, and this isn't a test (duh!):

1. Which word was harder for you to comprehend when you began your blogging career:
a. RSS
b. CSS
c. FREE
d. DIGG

2. What did you feel downright dumber than dumb about (fess up!):
a. Keyword density
b. Meta descriptions
c. How to put the points in the right place for Del.icio.us
d. How to find a bright orange HUGE RSS on a blog so to subscribe to someone's blog

3. Did you know the meaning of these words when you began blogging?
a. Social Networking
b. Directory Submission
c. Submission
d. Web 2.0 Design

4. If someone (like me for instance) was going to give you something free (and I'm not saying I'm giving ya anything but HOT BLOGGING TIPS right now!), what would you prefer:
a. free template
b. free consultation
c. free time with me to shoot the shit and knock back some tequila shooters
d. free graphics

5. What was most intimidating about blogging when you began?
a. other successful A-list bloggers
b. blog terminology
c. html
d. anything to do with details

6. Who is your best blog teacher?
a. Blog-Blond
b. Blog-Blond
c. Blog-Blond
d. Secret Santa
(You can ignore this one! Just gimme some loving links, ok!)

7. Where do most of your readers come from:
a. MyBlogLog
b. directories
c. Blog Soliders, Blog Explosion, Blog Advance and other such sites
d. family, friends, and love slaves

8. What would you most liked to have had in you beginning days of blogging?
a. online blog tutor
b. a teacher sitting right next to you in a black silk robe
c. tele-seminar blog teacher
d. blog faeries to do all the work for you

That's enough hard work for you today! Let me know your answers in comments. For those that still can't figure out where to comment and where to email me at the bottom, I've got two words for you: Sign Up!

This means Sign Up for my tele-seminars when I FINALLY open them up to a bigger audience.

Whatcha think of this, Mr. "Humor-Blogs.com"?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 7:36 PM

2 Comments

  • Anonymous blessed1 posted at Friday, April 27, 2007  
    I think only being at this a few months, my biggest obstacle is learning what the heck half the jargon is. I still don't know any of it....I'm just bloggin from my heart and hope someone notices. I love your site...it's helping me learn a whole lot more! Thank you.
  • Blogger Miss Cellania posted at Sunday, April 29, 2007  
    1. Which word was harder for you to comprehend when you began your blogging career:
    a. RSS
    b. CSS
    c. FREE
    d. DIGG

    Uh, I didn't even try to comprehend these these things when I started. I understand Digg, and I guess Free mean you don't pay for something, but the others I still don't understand. I don't need to, though.


    2. What did you feel downright dumber than dumb about (fess up!):
    a. Keyword density
    b. Meta descriptions
    c. How to put the points in the right place for Del.icio.us
    d. How to find a bright orange HUGE RSS on a blog so to subscribe to someone's blog

    I don't understand these things even now, and I make my living blogging.

    3. Did you know the meaning of these words when you began blogging?
    a. Social Networking
    b. Directory Submission
    c. Submission
    d. Web 2.0 Design

    Yeah, sorta.

    4. If someone (like me for instance) was going to give you something free (and I'm not saying I'm giving ya anything but HOT BLOGGING TIPS right now!), what would you prefer:
    a. free template
    b. free consultation
    c. free time with me to shoot the shit and knock back some tequila shooters
    d. free graphics

    I'll take the tequila!

    5. What was most intimidating about blogging when you began?
    a. other successful A-list bloggers
    b. blog terminology
    c. html
    d. anything to do with details

    Hmm. None of those are intimidating, because I just ignored them. But I eventually learned html.

    6. Who is your best blog teacher?
    a. Blog-Blond
    b. Blog-Blond
    c. Blog-Blond
    d. Secret Santa
    (You can ignore this one! Just gimme some loving links, ok!)

    7. Where do most of your readers come from:
    a. MyBlogLog
    b. directories
    c. Blog Soliders, Blog Explosion, Blog Advance and other such sites
    d. family, friends, and love slaves

    None of the above. Most come from Google Search.

    8. What would you most liked to have had in you beginning days of blogging?
    a. online blog tutor
    b. a teacher sitting right next to you in a black silk robe
    c. tele-seminar blog teacher
    d. blog faeries to do all the work for you

    Tequila!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link