Monday, April 16, 2007

Is Your Blog A Mutant?


Class: I've been positively ENRAPTURED reading the blogs nominated for Blogger's Choice Awards and marveling/laughing about the politics, the weirdness, the hustle, and the nominees. This Blog Circus is something to behold, eh? I've talked to several who couldn't get into vote because for some reason their age wasn't acceptable! So they tried putting in fake ages, and still....rejected! I don't know if this rejection is happening to many, but if it's happened to you, contact the awards directors and complain!

When one kind reader left a comment that she had nominated the Blondalicious One (that would be me, your sweetheart of a teacher!) for another category, the Blog Category instead of merely the Humor Category, I thought yeh! Sure--that's who I am too!

Blog-Blond is a mutant. Even her name is a dual name separated by a dash. Then I remembered the Mutant Ninja Turtles, warrior turtles. The intention of the creators of the M.N.T. is similar to Blog-Blond's creator:

"When we created the Turtles, we wanted to spoof the world of super hero characters and poke good natured fun at the heroic but not-so-funny characters that dominated the business." said Peter. "The Turtles are fun heroes with an attitude. Basically, they act and think like average teenagers."

"They're always willing to lend a helping hand, but are constantly on the alert for the funny side of life." added Kevin."

And so it is with Blog-Blond's goal: to spoof (and spook!) the world of bloggers and poke good fun at the S.S.S. (silly, serious, superficial) bloggers that dominate the Blogosphere. Blog-Blond also has attitude up the ying-yang, and she acts as goofy as any teenager. However, she's also kind, good-hearted, shares what she learns, and takes herself very lightly! Yup, another M.N.T. type!

Thus...if you get around to voting (and not loafing!), you can now vote for Blog-Blond in the Blog Category of Bloggers Choice Awards. Last I looked, my votes were small, but that doesn't mean the Blond won't eventually kick some a$$! After all, she's something of a M.N.T., and you have to watch out for these types---they're very sneaky and well-connected! One difference: Blog-Blond is super sexy! Even her Ninja outfit is a designer one with black silk stretch over-the-knee kick-ass stilettos!

I will leave you today with this YouTube video of another dual being: this dog's name is Gudrun--a cross between a Pomerian and a Chihuahua. And can it ever boogie! It's owner is the famous comedian Margaret Cho! Dance along with another one of OUR kind as Gudrun performs his awesome boogielicious "Dancing PomChi."

P.S. Remember to take yourselves lightly so you can fly with the angels and give it some thought--maybe your blog is ALSO a mutant blog. If it is, know you're in good company! What do you think of this concept, Mr. "Humor-Blogs.com"?


Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 2:32 PM

9 Comments

  • Blogger Mushy posted at Monday, April 16, 2007  
    Hey, you're killin' me!
  • Blogger Blog Bloke posted at Monday, April 16, 2007  
    You got my vote babe.

    ...the other BB
  • Blogger zannnie posted at Tuesday, April 17, 2007  
    thanks for popping by, my www.singaporedailyphoto.com :) i'm glad you like it:)

    you have funny blog:)
  • Anonymous Cassie posted at Tuesday, April 17, 2007  
    I love that mutant blog whaddayacallit :)

    I'll vote for your post if I can find it...so many pages of nominees!

    how do so many blogs get nominated???
  • Anonymous KC posted at Wednesday, April 18, 2007  
    God! That was one weird video and i loved it! :-))

    You have my vote! :-)) Lets push those numbers up people! We have a lot to learn still! *grin*
  • Anonymous Urban Iconoclast posted at Wednesday, April 18, 2007  
    Take myself lightly? You mean I don't speak for God?
  • Blogger Big Ear Creations posted at Wednesday, April 18, 2007  
    God bless you tube

    and cheese whiz (in an unrelated story)
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at Thursday, April 19, 2007  
    "If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve."

    Thus far, with one exception, I have escaped the memes and nominations. Who can figure them all out?
  • Anonymous Gen posted at Thursday, April 19, 2007  
    Yes, there are many types of blogs. The funny thing for me is the blogs I thought were funny blogs were not in humor section...now that is funny!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link