Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Blogging In Bed and Preferences Poll

Class: I'm sure you've wondered about the absence of your blondalicious teacher, right? And here's your answer: I've been busy with house guests. Definition of house guests: those who don't understand about a blogging addiction and who want to talk, eat, travel, and otherwise occupy your time.

As a matter of fact, it's not only house guests who don't understand blogging. Many people don't know the word 'blog', could care less about blogs, bloggers, and blogging, and feel that blogging is a silly waste of time. I'm shocked at the statistics which state that 8 out of 10 Americans never even read a blog! Imagine! Blogging is like breathing to me, so when I am forced to give up my blogging jones, I suffer because I love to breathe!

Today I told myself no matter what, I'm going to catch up on my blogs! As I was debating where to blog to avoid my company and the noise, I once again considered blogging in bed. My comfortable bed is where I used to blog for a period of time, and I am rather fond of blogging in bed. My posts come across as more 'intimate' when I blog from a position of comfort.

As I was mulling blogging places, blogging styles, blogging clothes, blogging situations, absurdities, etc. I decided to poll my beloved students:

Where is your favorite place to blog?

a. work
b. computer desk (vertical)
c. bed (horizontal)
d. hanging upside down in a funny bunny rabbit outfit (with cut-outs)
e. none of the above
f. alternating the above

When do you prefer to blog?

a. mornings
b. afternoons
c. evenings
d. anytime you can grab a computer
e. after midnight
f. whenever the muse strikes

What do you wear when you blog?

a. sexy lingerie
b. ratty, well-worn sweats
c. office clothes--professional attire
d. bunny rabbit costume with cut-outs
e. birthday suit

How do you blog when house guests want your attention?

a. sneak your computer into the bathroom
b. lock yourself in your bedroom
c. turn your headphones on and ignore others
d. assume an assertive stance by muzzling your guests with duct tape
e. after everyone's asleep, you blog
f. pretend to talk on the phone while your fingers type

How do you deal with those who don't understand your passion for blogging?

a. be long-suffering, kind, and sneaky
b. ignore any and all demands and keep on blogging
c. pretend to have a hearing problem
d. hand them the "Blogging Bible" and thump it a lot
e. surrender to not-blogging
f. wear your cut-out bunny rabbit suit everywhere you go
g. none of the above
h. all of the above at different times

Class, I await your response through comments, and any ideas you can offer me and the rest of your illustrious classmates.

Mr. "Humor-blogs.com": I've bet you've got some great ideas. Fork em over!

Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 2:52 PM

12 Comments

  • Blogger Michael Heindel posted at Tuesday, May 22, 2007  
    Nice post, I love the graphic on this one.

    Where is your favorite place to blog?

    b. computer desk (vertical)

    When do you prefer to blog?

    c. evenings

    What do you wear when you blog?

    b. well-worn sweats

    How do you blog when house guests want your attention?

    c. turn your headphones on and ignore others

    How do you deal with those who don't understand your passion for blogging?

    b. ignore any and all demands and keep on blogging

    Michael
  • Anonymous Valentin posted at Wednesday, May 23, 2007  
    Where is your favorite place to blog?
    g. Everywhere I found an open pc connected to www

    When do you prefer to blog?
    d. anytime you can grab a computer


    What do you wear when you blog?
    f. I`ll look in a mirror and answer after ...

    How do you blog when house guests want your attention?
    g. gentle and polite invite the intruders to "do you remember where you live? yes ? PROVE IT !!!" game.

    How do you deal with those who don't understand your passion for blogging?
    variant 1 - see above answer
    variant 2 - start very long story with (tech) details about computers, internet, virtual reality, until they say "ok, show me how" or start calling cabs ...
  • Blogger foodette posted at Wednesday, May 23, 2007  
    Where is your favorite place to blog?

    a. work

    When do you prefer to blog?

    a. mornings
    AND
    b. afternoons

    What do you wear when you blog?

    c. office clothes--professional attire (but I work in production, so this means jeans)

    How do you blog when house guests want your attention?

    f. none of the above, i would wait till they leave.

    How do you deal with those who don't understand your passion for blogging?

    b. ignore any and all demands and keep on blogging
  • Blogger health watch center posted at Thursday, May 24, 2007  
    Hey Kuanyin, Interesting post...

    Where is your favorite place to blog?
    b. computer desk (vertical)


    When do you prefer to blog?
    f. whenever the muse strikes

    What do you wear when you blog?
    c. office clothes--professional attire

    How do you blog when house guests want your attention?
    e. after everyone's asleep, you blog

    How do you deal with those who don't understand your passion for blogging?
    h. all of the above at different times

    Self Help Zone
  • Blogger diogenes posted at Friday, May 25, 2007  
    Very interesting:

    I blog at work, at my work station (vertical desktop), in the early hours of the day and have to be in proper dress (wish I could blog in pajama if not in birthday suit). No one understands that this is a work. People think I am just surfing...
  • Blogger TOM posted at Friday, May 25, 2007  
    I like blogging in bed or right next to it, whenever the muse hits me. Normally I am in my Bunny Suit. I am not afraid to use Duct Tape. For those who don't understand blogging, I try and get silly pictures of them and post them to the blog. Often I will give the alternative..visiting my site and leaving a comment..This has been an effective tool for increasing the traffic to my site. Never underestimate extortion!!
  • Blogger Mauigirl posted at Friday, May 25, 2007  
    Good questions!

    Favorite place to blog:
    e. None of the above (usually on a comfy couch; second choice, bed, third choice, work or at computer sitting up).

    When do you prefer to blog?
    c. Evenings (although I've been known to do it anytime; for my medical blog it's usually during the day on a weekend afternoon; requires research).

    What do you wear when you blog?
    b. Ratty, well-worn sweats (or equivalent in casual attire). Sometimes if I'm still at work I'll be wearing "business casual" but it's not preferrable.

    How do you blog when house guests want your attention?
    e. After everyone's asleep (this actually refers to my husband since we don't really get house guests much in New Jersey, LOL!)

    How do you deal with those who don't understand your blogging?
    Combination of a & b. Also I proselytize a lot - tell people of the joys of blogging! Urge them to read my favorite blogs! Convert them!
  • Anonymous metalmom posted at Sunday, May 27, 2007  
    I blog in my den anytime I feel like it wearing whatever I pulled on that day.When someone wants my attention,I pretend it's important business, ( though I don't rule out duct tape). If someone doesn't understand blogging, I tell them they are out of the loop, that only smart and cool people blog, and they must not be smart or cool if they've never blogged!
  • Blogger Callie posted at Tuesday, May 29, 2007  
    Where is your favorite place to blog?

    a. work (It's free)

    When do you prefer to blog?

    a. mornings
    b. afternoons

    What do you wear when you blog?

    c. office clothes--professional attire

    How do you blog when house guests want your attention?

    Just say *NO*


    How do you deal with those who don't understand your passion for blogging?

    I. I just explain it's either I blog, or I will cut you!

    *werd*
    lurve callie
  • Blogger JayPeeFreely posted at Wednesday, May 30, 2007  
    Bathroom when available
    Evenings,without annoyaances
    Nothing if I could, but shorts and a beer works.
    No house guests ALLOWED!
    I ignore alot about people.

    Like the smacking the shit out of you joke...
  • Blogger Harmonica Man posted at Thursday, May 31, 2007  
    Thought I'd poke my head up and say hi!

    Favorite place to blog:
    In an easy chair in my living room.

    When do you prefer to blog?
    I start my post ideas at work and finish them before bed - between 10 and 11.

    What do you wear when you blog?
    On my wife's patience.

    How do you blog when house guests want your attention?
    I don't have any house guests. Or friends for that matter.


    How do you deal with those who don't understand your blogging?
    I tell them they're ignorant and to shut up and go away. Hence my not having any friends thing.
  • Blogger Speedcat Hollydale posted at Saturday, June 16, 2007  
    You and your "students" are very funny. I can relate :-)

    My wife hates the computer. I never have enough time for it!

    BTW - My old machine is still smoking from loading this page. For a minute, I thought she was going to burst into flame. It took about 5 minutes....well worth it. LOL
    Speedcat Hollydale
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link