Monday, May 07, 2007

The Education Meme Tags Blog-Blond

Class: one of the best ways to get some attention for your blog, possible subscriptions and a readership following is to participate in carnivals and memes. My thought is this: Keep Showing Up! Eventually your pesky presence will either win some begrudging respect from other bloggers OR maybe one day cupid will shoot a bow into their hard, black, not- inclined- to -link-love heart while they're reading your post, and they'll finally fall in love with your blog! Miracles happen!

The Gonzo Blog Carnival Series is an opportunity to shine the light of your fabulous posts for others to see.

Today I'm following my own advice, and I'm playing along with the dude who writes Fear and Loathing--The Gonzo Papers, Kilroy, because he tagged me for "Kilroy's Education Meme." He's also promoting an Education Carnival you might want to participate in as well.

-----------(-)>What was the name of the teacher that was most influential in your life from grades K through 6?

My answer: Mrs. Sullivan in the 1st grade because I was the teacher's pet. I liked being petted. This was the last time I was a teacher's pet until college....such an tragically long wait!

-----------(-)>What subject did you favor in high school?

My answer: Art! I won a scholarship to the Parson's School of Design in New York City, but my parents refused to let me go to N.Y. because they believed I would get into mischief in the Big City. Later on in my life I moved to New York City and made sure I got into lots of mischief. Moral of the story: don't deny your children their passion because it will come back and bite ya! My Mother and Father learned that lesson well.

-----------(-)>Did you attend a university and if so did you attain a degree?

My answer: I graduated a semester early with a degree in Journalism.

-----------(-)>Do you learn best through books, by watching, or hands-on?

My answer: Hands-on baby!


-----------(-)> Has education been an ongoing process for you? How do you feel about that?

My answer: I'm absolutely addicted to learning lots of new stuff every day-- a total nerd/ scholar, even though others might not know this about me judging by my blondalicious/babe appearance. I'm fascinated with EVERYTHING! Every day is another exciting opportunity to study more, know more, feel more, and share more. Bring it on!

-----------(-)>What seven people are you tagging to do this?

My answer: Diesel of Mattress Police
Sugar Smacks of The Surprise In My Cereal
Miss C of Misscellania
Drive-By Blogger of The Drive-By Blogger
Sharon of The Imaginary Diva
Ploop of Plooptionary.com
Say No to Crack of Say No To Crack

And are you ready to play, Mr. "Humor-Blogs.com"?


Labels: , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 1:16 PM

9 Comments

  • Anonymous Sharon posted at Monday, May 07, 2007  
    Thanks for the tag! I've never done this before (or participated in a Carnival). So, I'm excited to get started :)
  • Blogger Sugar Smacks posted at Monday, May 07, 2007  
    Aawwright, my first meme, sweeet! And just as I'm going back to school, what timing. Just had my third class in the spring session, Kuanyin.

    Thank for the tag, and I am ON it.
  • Blogger Kilroy_60 posted at Tuesday, May 08, 2007  
    Another lesson the Professor has so adeptly communicated is the value of follow-up.

    I appreciate your interest and willingness to share information with your students both on memes and blog carnivals.

    Thanks also, for helping promote the DOUBLE FEATURE that posts on the 21st. 8-) In the business we call that a shameless plug.
  • Blogger Kim posted at Tuesday, May 08, 2007  
    hi there K
    I have tagged you for a meme on my blog...
    hope you can participate..... if you have time....
    thanks
  • Blogger Miss Cellania posted at Tuesday, May 08, 2007  
    Thanks for considering me! I'll have mine up on Saturday. All the posts before then are already in the can.
  • Blogger Freddie Sirmans posted at Tuesday, May 08, 2007  
    Just browsing, very interesting.
  • Blogger AceOne118 posted at Tuesday, May 08, 2007  
    Bravo! you have tags thingy too.
  • Blogger honkeie2 posted at Wednesday, May 09, 2007  
    I just finished this one. Thanks Kilroy!
  • Blogger Diesel posted at Wednesday, May 09, 2007  
    You do realize I'm not going to be able to give straight answers to any of these questions.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link