Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Law of Diminishing Returns and Blogging


Class: I know you must be wondering what the h** happened to our teacher for she's M.I.A. And here's my alibi: I've been taking a break. Ya see, I believe in this information overload age that there's a need to renew yourself or you grow stale....your posts grow boring...and you're just regurgitating information you've read elsewhere.

Do I hear grumbling in the back of the classroom? You want to see more of your blondalicious teacher with her great blog information-- I know...I know! But let me teach you about The Law of Diminishing Returns and how this applies to blogging, and then perhaps you'll understand. The Law of Diminishing Returns says that you write one blog, and it's fun; you write two blogs, and it's still kinda fun; but if you blog every day on many blogs as I'm prone to do, you'll get a huge blog burnout/hangover which is way worse than a tequila hangover, trust me!

Since I want to bring you fresh, fun, and lively copy, I take a break from time to time. If you're not worried about your stats, your readership, and your ad revenue (which I'm not-- as you notice I'm ad free!), you would be well advised to do the same.

Before I give you your weekly homework, I want to give a big shout out to Deborah of Fast Lane Transport who kindly left a link in the comments about where to get the meta-tags I needed! Deborah's blog isn't anywhere close to boring for she features, "art, the odd, the unusual, offbeat news, weird sciences, a little business, and yes, even trucking!" which is the kind of weird s*** that I love to read!

And one more shout out to Blog Bloke who has recovered from his health crisis and is back to blogging! Read his posts about becoming a Remarkable Blogger! You know what makes him a remarkable blogger? Check out the card his daughter gave him for Father's Day. His blog has depth and heart...it's not ALL about business! You can feel a REAL person writes the posts!

Ok...down to business....here's the latest blog links which may be of some benefit to you:

Guest Blogger

Remember when I asked if anyone wanted to guest blog, and no one stepped up? Hah! My prayers have been answered, and on this site, you can request guest bloggers, and you can apply as a guest blogger. Thank you Blog Goddesses!

Fame Me!

Notice the new Fame Me! widget on my left sidebar? Click that and fame me. You can also add your blogs to get famed! There are monetary prizes for the winner! Hint! I've already been famed 11 times, and I just posted it this week. Now if some bright blogger will come up with a contest for Infamous Bloggers--now that would be interesting!

Newsroom

Here is another way to make money from your blog, for whenever a mashed story or video is shown on your site, you get paid.

And finally, if you look in my "Reads" section, I've added links for new bloggers I recently discovered. Check them out. I'm drawn to the foxy writing style of Cash Quests who calls it as she sees it just like your Blondalicious Teacher!

Have you experienced Blog Burn-out? If so, let me know how you handled it.

And how about you, Mr. "Humor-Blogs.com?"





Labels: , , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 12:16 PM

6 Comments

  • Anonymous Deborah posted at Tuesday, June 19, 2007  
    Wow, thanks so much for the shoutout Kuanyin!

    I'm more than happy to help. I wish I'd had someone to steer me when I was starting out with search engine optimization. I sent you an email with some additional info that might help you as well for plugins.

    SEO companies will charge you bucco bucks, somewhere in the realm of $5K - $10K and up for what you can do yourself. You just need to apply your time is all.

    Here's a link I meant to give you in the email that has a ton of helpful tools:

    http://www.iwebtool.com/

    Here's the link for MyAvatars if you're interested:

    http://www.napolux.com/projects/myavatars/

    Another very good read at ProBlogger about blogs:

    http://www.problogger.net/archives/2007/04/18/how-google-blogsearch-ranks-your-posts-in-their-own-words/

    I hope this doesn't throw your comment filter thinking I'm a spammer after putting 3 links in the comment :-)
  • Blogger Blog Bloke posted at Tuesday, June 19, 2007  
    Have I ever experienced blog burn-out? Oh yes all the time, and the bags under my eyes will testify to the voracity of that remark. Crikey, there I go sounding all high and mighty again. I really gotta work on that readability level thingy.

    It's great to see you back blondaliscious,

    ...aka the REAL Blog Bloke
  • Blogger Cattiva posted at Thursday, June 21, 2007  
    Not sure if you'd call it "burn-out" or "real life," but I've had to step out of the bloggosphere a few times.
  • Blogger Mauigirl posted at Friday, June 22, 2007  
    Hi Kuanyin, I get burned out occasionally. I only have 2 active blogs and even those are hard to keep up with. My travel blog is kind of dormant, but I have a new post in the making. Both the travel blog and medical blog are very time-consuming. My main blog I manage to post in every few days. I don't know how you keep up with so many blogs!
  • Blogger Diesel posted at Monday, June 25, 2007  
    I find that it's good for my blogging to take a vacation once in a while. The plane trip alone is usually worth a couple of posts.
  • Blogger Miss Cellania posted at Friday, June 29, 2007  
    Burn out is the word. This went from a hobby to my main source of income, and I am totally fried every day trying to hustle up content for five sites. But my bills depend on it! I did take a week's vacation, but I had to work twice as hard to make up for it!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link