Monday, June 25, 2007

Social Networking In The Summertime

Class, I'm back and with great news. I have found a substitute teacher---err, guest blogger to post about the subject I assigned her: No-Follow. She answered my ad, and am I ever lucky because she's really smart, unlike myself who is only sometimes smart when given the right dosages.

What have I been doing, you ask? More to the point, what haven't I been doing! Hey, it's summertime, and a girl's just gotta have fun, right?

Oh, okay--I know you've probably seen my mug on the sidebar of your blogs as I was checking up on you. I can't sneak up on you because of MyBlogLog and BlogCatalog anymore. I'm happy to report most of you are readable, and my ADD didn't kick in if you're keeping it Real and Juicy. Only one of you bloggers caused me to speak up and make a comment about the widgets being on top of one another.

Speaking of keeping it Real, I finally got around to watching Rosie's video blogs, and Rosie is all about keeping it Real, maybe even Raw. On her latest video she has as her guest the violet-haired Cyndi Lauper who looks into the camera with collagen pads on her face. So Beautifully Real!

Since my absence from this blog, I added myself to Facebook and Mashable. You can find your blondalicious teacher on these social networking sites if you want to contact and add me. I haven't done much with Mashable other than the basics, and I managed to accrue a few friends and upload TEN photos on Facebook. Whoot! And I finally voted for Fame Me folks. Since most of my students deserve fame (and fortune), I voted for almost everyone! I'm pleased that one of my favorite bloggers and students is in the lead. If I missed any of you, let me know, and I'll vote for you too. I want all my students to be famous!

Now I'll get to the serious s***: Second Life!


I don't know how many hours I've spent in Second Life....it's almost as addictive as blogging. Having resisted it for a long time, I got lured into it by BlogHer.

Queen Tureaud is going to be running the BlogHer Conference in Second Life, and since I don't want to fly to Chicago this summer, I am going to attend the virtual conference. The premise sounded easy 'nuf: you pimp out your avatar and fly around virtual worlds. Sounds like fun, right?

Except for the fact you can't go through walls! I want my avatar to be a ghost avatar with the ability to walk through those walls and windows. I had a helluva time getting out of some places for the teleport button wasn't working. And then I forgot to put my top back on after swimming in a gorgeous swimming pool, and I wondered why everyone was looking at my rather strangely. Oh, I should mention--I made my boobs quite large. Maybe that's why they were looking at me, ya think?

I'm not going to reveal my avatar's name on Second Life until I get it more together there. Right now my gal is lazing away on a hammock at the Mystic Academy. Now don't go sneaking up and jumping on her. She's having this great dream about.....nevermind!

Come to think of it, my hammock is calling me too. And do you have a hammock, Mr. "Humor-Blogs. com"?

Labels: , , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 5:52 PM

7 Comments

  • Blogger Villager posted at Tuesday, June 26, 2007  
    Thank you for the fame-vote on the BTF contest!

    This is my first time visiting your blog and it is great. I have done the Technorati-fav thing for your blog.

    I haven't visited Second Life yet, however, I want to do so. Your post encourages me to make that move.

    peace, Villager
  • Blogger RennyBA posted at Wednesday, June 27, 2007  
    I came to yours from Blog Catalog as I was you listed as friends to one of mine. As a network evangelist, I've also found you at FB and sent you a request:-)

    I think your post is a great example of the new and modern type of social networking and I've actually posted about it lately too!

    I'm also in SL, and you'll find me there and everywhere else as RennyBA:-)
  • Blogger The Dude posted at Thursday, June 28, 2007  
    great stuff... i'll check back

    glad i found this

    The Man Blog
    http://baseballandbeer.blogspot.com
  • Anonymous Lady Rose posted at Thursday, June 28, 2007  
    sounds like a fun time! I voted to fame you!

    I'm having a win a link contest if you have time to stop by!

    Health and Happiness,Lady Rose
  • Blogger Cattiva posted at Friday, June 29, 2007  
    Uh Oh - Second Life? Sounds interesting. And if I become addicted - I can blame, uh thank you, yes?
  • Anonymous Lynda Walldez posted at Friday, June 29, 2007  
    A little gift. :D
    http://lyndawalldez.blogspot.com/2007/06/im-rockin-girl-blogger.html
  • Anonymous GirlieGeek posted at Friday, June 29, 2007  
    Hi :D I really like your blog so I tagged you in a shameless meme!! See the post here http://girliegeek.wordpress.com/2007/06/29/8-things-about-me-ive-been-tagged/ and participate if you'd like!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link