Thursday, July 19, 2007

All Aboard For The Blog Feed Train


Class, Listen Up! I'd trying YET another experiment, this one started by none other than the Mad Cow, John Cow. What you do is this: Copy this list to your blog and then add five more to the bottom. If you're as dumb as your Blondalicious teacher, this is an exercise in patience because I had to hand link each and every subscribe link as well as the original link which made me a little bit hot under my black silk teddy! Maybe one of my brilliant students has another easier approach.

However, if you're like me, you must make sure when you're adding the subscribe link to add either atom.xml or rss.xml after the name of the blog. Here's an example: http://www.blog-blond.blogspot.com/rss.xml

For the other link that corresponds to the subscribe link, you leave off the xml, got it?

I subscribed to all of these blogs through my Google Reader since that's the way I prefer to read my daily bloggers updates. It's fast and easy. And this is how I discovered this list as I had already subbed to Blogozine.

The Original List:

Subscribe to Blogozine

Subscribe to JohnCowdotCom

Subscribe to BobmeetsWorld

Subscribe to LifeisRisky

Subscribe to TheKingKongBlog

Subscribe to My New Hustle

Subscribe to GadgetTastic

Subscribe to Life of Browie

Subscribe to Disregard Me

Subscribe to Everybody Go To

Subscribe to Brian Vaughan

Subscribe to Fuery

Subscribe to Sam Breadstone

Subscribe to Blog-Blond

Subscribe to Who's Yo Mama?

Subscribe to The Art of Living and Dying

Subscribe to Way Khool Sites

Subscribe to Wailea Daily Photo

Subscribe to People You’ll See In Hell.com

Subscribe to Catepol


Class, there are pupus and mai tais waiting for you, so jump on aboard, and let me know when you have completed this assignment by your comments.

Wanna join us, "Mr. Humor-Blogs.com"?

Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 3:05 PM

11 Comments

  • Anonymous Dee posted at Thursday, July 19, 2007  
    Thanks for joining the train.. I've updated my list with your and your friends links :)
  • Anonymous Bloggrrl posted at Friday, July 20, 2007  
    You know, with old school html, viewing the page source would have worked, but this css...yuk. I can't wait to see if you get the answer to this one.
  • Blogger Translator posted at Friday, July 20, 2007  
    Great idea, Kuanyin!

    Wouldn't it be easier if people link to their FEEDBURNER subscription URL instead of just the ATOM or RSS URL?

    For you, it'd be:

    Subscribe.

    That way, you just click the subscribe link, and you can choose your feed aggregator.

    If you agree, I'll work on getting an updated link list with Feedburner URL's for all the blogs on your list.

    Let me know what you think!
  • Blogger Erica posted at Friday, July 20, 2007  
    Hey I tagged you today.

    I will have to use the list you have on your latest post to help everyone out too.

    http://buybuttonmakers.wordpress.com/2007/07/20/thanks-for-the-tag/

    Enjoy your weekend.
    Erica
  • Anonymous Dee posted at Friday, July 20, 2007  
    Actually it was supposed to link to Feedburner links... not sure what happened. The only thing I did was edit the format of the list on a word processor and all links changed to Atom links.
    But I have fixed my list and you're welcome to re-copy my list and update yours with the proper feedburner links if you'd like.
  • Blogger Kuanyin posted at Friday, July 20, 2007  
    Hey...My darling whiz kids, Translator and Dee, the list is nOW good to go--thanks to you! Now I'm outta here with plans to curl up with a glass of wine and a book.
  • Anonymous aggery posted at Friday, July 20, 2007  
    Hey..I've updated my list. :)
  • Anonymous Bryan @ OneMansGoal.Com posted at Saturday, July 21, 2007  
    I'm glad you took part in this. It's a great way to spread some link love and get a few backlinks in the process.

    Another great post!
  • Blogger Franco posted at Saturday, July 21, 2007  
    You've a great block. I would like a link to you at my blog, http://ebizuniversity.blogspot.com. I hope you will write to me and say 'OK".

    Thanks.

    Franco
  • Anonymous RennyBA posted at Sunday, July 22, 2007  
    Is is okay if I only wish you a great week ahead?

    Btw: I use Attensa for Outlook, so I'll get all my RSS feeds right in my office system:-)
  • Blogger barbi bharadwaj posted at Thursday, July 26, 2007  
    I have subscribed to problogger, and i must say it is one of the best for blog tips.

    Better than john chow too..
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link