Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blog-Dog -Daze, Contests, and Praises


Class, if you're anything at all like your blondalicious teacher, the Dog Days become the Dog Daze, and the days seem to stretch into infinity-- you become listless, bored, and restless. Posting on your blog(s) feels like the last thing you want to do. I was reminded of how important it is to keep writing and posting even when you don't feel like it when I received this email from Copyblogger this week titled "10 Steps to Becoming A Better Writer":

  1. Write.
  2. Write more.
  3. Write even more.
  4. Write even more than that.
  5. Write when you don’t want to.
  6. Write when you do.
  7. Write when you have something to say.
  8. Write when you don’t.
  9. Write all the time.
  10. Keep writing.
Heck, rather than posting, I'd much rather be reading and laughing my a$$ off at the comments made by others on blogs. Comments are where so much comedic material lies, and where bloggers bounce off of each other in the most entertaining ways--a laugh riot to be sure.

However, I'm back because I want to win 50 SMACKERS from Bloggrrl
who is running a contest until July 31st, and since I'll be at the BlogHer Second Life Conference beginning today and continuing the next several days, I might forget to enter. So here's the deal Bloggrrl is offering: Mention this contest for one entry plus name your favorite post for a second entry (Why The Underwear Post Was A Rotten Idea is my choice), and you TOO could win the money. It's not so much the money for me, but I've been wanting to give her funny blog a plug for awhile, so this is my way of doing it. She's one my favorite humor writers, and I've added her link to my brand new sparkling Squidoo lens called Funny Blogs. If anyone has some great humor blogs they want to suggest for my Squidoo lens, leave me a comment, and I'll consider their blog.

Now for the praise before I go on over to the rockin' Kick-Off in Second Life!

Thanks to Sue of Sublimely Sue for her investigation into why Andy Beard informed me that Blogger didn't support the No-Follow with COMMENTS. With Sue and Andy's expertise on this matter, I've got the solution. Actually, Sue is the genius who suggested this solution, and I'm going to follow it rather than stress myself out and move away from the Blogger platform. Sue is doing the same thing on her Blogger blog.

At the end of every week, I'm going to list and link to everyone who has left me a comment after I had posted the I-Follow Badge. This way everyone will get their trackbacks. If you're using the Blogger platform, there is no way for the comments to show the I-Follow, and it's only in the Main Body (such as I'm writing in now) that I-Follow will work. If I had two brains and knew how to employ php, there is a more advanced solution, but as you ALL know very well, I'm just a quark ahead of most of you blogging dummies--as I've said since the beginning of this blog.

I also want to thank Blog Bloke for making me ROFL this week! And how about you, Mr. "Humor-Blogs.com"? Did you have a ROFL moment or two this week also? These ROFL moments sure make the Dog Daze pass more quickly. Keep up the commentary one and all. You're my reason for carrying-on!

Labels: , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 1:00 PM

7 Comments

  • Blogger Blog Bloke posted at Thursday, July 26, 2007  
    After my skirmish over at the house of Rowse yesterday I'm feeling a little shell shocked but none the worse for wear... I think
  • Blogger barbi bharadwaj posted at Thursday, July 26, 2007  
    keep writing..
    keep on writing.

    good post. many a writers stop writing when there is no traffic or no comments and get demotivated.

    I enjoyed that rotten ideas of underwear post very much..
  • Anonymous jessica in rome posted at Thursday, July 26, 2007  
    Hey I found your blog from rosetta rants, and I just wanted to say LOVE your blog! you have a new reader! Keep up the good work!
    A baccio from Rome!
    jessica
  • Blogger GMG posted at Friday, July 27, 2007  
    Hey, no more comments allowed at Wailea DP? Like to see all your other posts, but that was my favourite, and had orchids - a flower I loved to see everyday in Madeira... Still dealing with Provence Blogtrotter
  • Anonymous Andy Beard posted at Saturday, July 28, 2007  
    Just one small corection.

    You don't need to leave blogger to have "dofollow" for yu comments, but you would have to either be using new blogger, or old blogger on your own domain.

    It is a shame that Blogger doesn't provide what many blogger users would really prefer, a simple interface and being allowed to make a choice.
  • Anonymous cry it out! posted at Monday, July 30, 2007  
    Hey -- jsut found you through absolutely bananas and love your tips -- thanks!

    Mike
  • Anonymous posicionamiento web valencia posted at Sunday, December 25, 2011  
    It won't succeed as a matter of fact, that's what I believe.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link