Monday, July 16, 2007

The Five Types Of Bloggers


Class, gather round and Listen Up! Today I'm going to teach you about the Five Types of Bloggers plus give you great links and blog contest information. As you know, your blogalicious teacher runs around the blogosphere in her MBT sneakers all day long searching out great information to share with you.

I'm researching blogs and bloggers so that I can be the best blog teacher you'll ever have. From this research project, I have discovered FIVE distinct types of bloggers:

1. THE SERIOUS BLOGGER--usually business, corporate, political, non-profit, or news bloggers. They rarely return a comment or acknowledge your existence, even if you've schmoozed them and soaped them, and they promised to soap you back. Promises are made to be broken with them unless you're in their world. Forget about friending them, asking for a link exchange, or networking with them unless you have a 'serious' blog.

2. THE SOCIAL BLOGGER--usually Mommy bloggers, animal bloggers, humor bloggers, journal bloggers, photography bloggers, spiritual bloggers, travel bloggers, joke bloggers, and the 'on-the-make' bloggers (you know the kind!). They're congenial, easy to link-with, and are seeking to expand their network of friends. They're the type most likely to leave comments, give others link-love, and befriend others in social networks.

3. THE MONEY BLOGGER--these are the ones either making money from their blogs (and bragging about it) or looking to monetize their blogs. They are also very serious as they are driven to get The Cash. They are competitive, industrious, no-nonsense, and rarely leave comments or network with you unless they see a way to make a buck off you.

4. THE ART BLOGGER--artists and performers of all stripes who sell, promote and market their creations through blogs. Fairly friendly and approachable but busy folks, so they're social only to an extent. They like praise and attention and seek out fans.

5. THE TEACHER BLOGGER--service oriented bloggers (like your blondalicious teacher!) who share information, educate others, and are committed to assisting others. Many bloggers who post about blogging are in this category. Money isn't their goal, although it would be righteous, rockin' karma for them to receive some, don't you think? :smile:

Which type are you? Are you a pure type or a mix of several types? Let me know.

Ok...now for the great links I discovered recently:

1.
Diggbarter
Digg others, gain points, and barter for Digg

2. Bloggeries
Blog directory, blog forums, great blog info, and good back links

3. Buy Blog Comments
Site which is causing an uproar with bloggers Would YOU buy a comment package? Did they get this idea from a post on Blog-Blond?

4. The Prize Blog
Six Day Blogging Competition

"Over at The Prize Blog, Brian is having an awesome 6-day blogging competition and is giving away cash prizes, MP3 players, blogroll back links, Bloggeries Blog Directory listings and complete site reviews. This is one of the best blog contests you will ever find!"

What I copied and pasted above is one of the simple ways to enter this competition.

5. Back Up My Blog
Once you've signed up for this free service, your blog(s) is automatically backed up daily.

On another note before signing-off, have you paid any attention to the DC Madam story? It's quite the scandal! I'm glad I sold my book to Miz Julia before the s*** hit the fan. It was way too much work for me managing all those guyz and girlz. She should have retired like me many years ago and found her niche in a different kind of social networking, don't you agree, Mr. "Humor-Blogs.com"?












Add to Technorati Favorites

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 11:39 AM

12 Comments

  • Anonymous Ken Fleck posted at Monday, July 16, 2007  
    Great Blog! Thanks for sharing this post of great information.

    I found a great resource to generate more traffic and make more money blogging.

    Click on "Blogging to the Bank" Ebook:
    http://kenjfleck.bttb1.hop.clickbank.net/
  • Anonymous tom posted at Monday, July 16, 2007  
    I'm a social blogger, I like the interaction and blogging gives me a place to write..I have a main blog where there are no ads and then I maintain some blogs with ads on it...but I am not depending on them for my next meal and honestly just like the social part of blogging
  • Anonymous Bryan @ One Mans Goal posted at Monday, July 16, 2007  
    I fall in between the teacher and monetizing blogger. However, I am very community oriented unlike your description of the money blogger.

    I am driven to make a buck off of my blogging, however, I'm also there to teach others how to do it.

    I think your site is fantastic and I wish you lots of luck.

    365 Days - One Goal - Can He Do It?
    http://onemansgoal.com
  • Blogger Carlos posted at Tuesday, July 17, 2007  
    I'm I'm I'm I am what I am. A blended concoction of all. Being social is not bad if it doesn't get to affect your health and your
    family.
    The web is just like the streets and we live in a world that is money driven, so making money is not bad as long as you are honest.
    Being helpful goes with your personality and that you cannot change.
    There are "serious" bloggers that behave like a**holes and mommy bloggers that are so sweet that it makes you sick. Whatever I do I try not to fall into any extreme category. Of course there is no blog without an audience so you need people whether you are a genius or a dumba**.
    Summing up, I am a selfish bastard with a kind heart, craving for recognition and money without trampling on fellow bloggers on the way to failure or success. I have artistic flashes sometimes amidst my vulgarity, I feel alright with myself when I help and that makes me happy but I don't believe in easy flattering.
    As you see it is all mingled :)
    Thanks for your musings Kuanyn I enjoyed that mail.
  • Anonymous Matthew Didier posted at Tuesday, July 17, 2007  
    Egads! I'm not sure where I'd fall into these categories... Is there one that's called "Mildly Depressive, Overworked, Whacky Blogger hoping for Help"?
  • Blogger Miss Cellania posted at Tuesday, July 17, 2007  
    Gee, I am all of those at different times, mainly depending on what blog I'm working on at the time.
  • Blogger Translator posted at Tuesday, July 17, 2007  
    I'm pretty sure I'm a social blogger. I love the interaction involved in learning about this wacky world and the ever-growing blogisphere!

    BTW, your postcard has arrived, and it's up and running at Rosetta Rants! Check it out!
  • Anonymous Terence Chang posted at Wednesday, July 18, 2007  
    huh .. I don't know which category I belong to. I am blogging for fun and for personal memories.

    Great blog of yours!
  • Blogger One Wacky Mom posted at Wednesday, July 18, 2007  
    This is a great post...here's the question. Since I run four blogs and all of them are the following
    (1) is driven to pontificate my pathetic attempt at humor and comedy in an effort to educate and take out my frustrations.

    (2) career strategy...but no attempt to make money because I'm too busy and don't want to bothered right now

    (3) satirical and pathetic attempts at bringing sophisticated reality to academia, business and politics.....

    (4) humor with photography

    I therefor plead myself to be nuts
  • Blogger One Wacky Mom posted at Wednesday, July 18, 2007  
    Btw, I've seen you around blogoworld.......and I LOVE THIS BLOG! i'M LINKING INTO YOU...YOUR GREAT!
  • Anonymous Lord Likely posted at Friday, July 20, 2007  
    As there does not seem to be a 'Rich and Devastatingly Handsome' group, I suppose I am a Social Blogger.

    I SUPPOSE.
  • Anonymous RennyBA posted at Friday, July 20, 2007  
    Me Mommy - you must be kidding LoL

    Other than that, a great, readable and educational post!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link