Monday, July 09, 2007

Meme Me One Last Time

Class, listen up! I'm going to get-it-over-with--the memes, that is! I don't know how you feel about memes, but they're like giving birth to me-- very painful! However, out of respect for two of my darling readers/students who tagged me for the EIGHT THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME meme, I'm going to play along.

What's painful about memes you ask? I'll tell you straight-- they're more than slightly embarrassing to me! Plus I never know who to tag. After tagging various bloggers in the past who DROPPED THE MEME BALL, I'm not gonna go there again! Thus, I will leave the meme open to whomever wants to play.

So I'm breaking rule Number 4 below, and if you don't like it, Bite Me! I don't know who the Meme King or Queen is that made up these rules in the first place... maybe some demented borg... but I'm not too worried about breaking a rule. What's the worst that can happen to me--never be tagged for a meme again?! Yeh!

So "TAG, you're it" to whomever.

"Here is how this thing works:
# * Each player must post these rules to begin the meme.
# * Each players starts with eight random facts or habits about themselves.
# * People who get tagged must blog about their eight things and post these rules.
# * At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
# * Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog."

The Eight-Things-People-Don't-Know-About-Me will also reference blogs, bloggers, and blogging tips. This way I'll feel less embarrassed about participating. After all, your blondalicious babe-of-a-teacher IS a teacher.

Here are the names and blogs of the two students who tagged me: Don of Affiliate Watcher.com and Lynda of LyndaWalldez.

Eight Things People Don't Know About Me (and probably don't give a s***):

1. I've got a secret crush on Chris Pirillo. He's a nerd with his head on straight, believes in the possibilities of et's, and creates the brilliant comic "Blaugh!....The Un-official Comic of the Blogosphere!" I bet he looks cute with his hair rumpled when Chris Pirillo wakes up in the morning. Plus, Chris Pirillo makes nerds look good.

If you wondered why I mentioned his name three times, it's because I read this in the wiki about him:
"The Pirillo Effect, coined by Mike Flynn ([1], [2]) states that if you say Chris Pirillo's name at least three times in your article or on your blog, Chris will appear and comment in some fashion. The effect was later referenced, although incorrectly sourced, in a Seattle Times article."

So I'm testing this theory out! Maybe my secret (married) crush will pay Blondie a visit?

2. I know someone on Facebook (from my past) whom I'd like to contact but don't want to do so until I have MORE facebook friends because I'd feel way too lame contacting him (or is it her?) with the amount of friends I have now (14). So if any of my beloved readers are Facebook folks, friend-me and write on my wall! This person doesn't know my blog name of Kuanyin which Facebook has written as Kuan Yin.

3. Digg is way over-rated imho, plus it's purported to be rigged.

4. Even though I have MySpace, Virb, and Xanga blogs and a Squidoo lens, I don't link to them or tell anyone my blog addies. They exist in another parallel blog-un-reality.

5. Second-Life is addictive and threatening to take over my First Life. It wasn't too long ago I joined because of the upcoming BlogHer Conference there, and already my avatar is dressed like a goddess with twinkly thingy's flashing around her head (all of which I purchased with Linden dollars) and shopping up a storm buying goodies for her new Second Life Home.

My avatar has been doing lots of exploring, flying around, and chatting with other avatars. Others have been very helpful to me, especially Queen Tureaud who will be heading-up the BlogHer Conference in Second Life. She gave me a hovercraft which was fun to fly around until I flew it into a tent and became stuck. I've packed it away in my inventory until I transfer it over to my new home. Any suggestions where to purchase real estate would be greatly appreciated. I have in mind a Grecian Temple, but I haven't been able to locate the right property yet.


6. I deleted the "Lowly Insect" from my sidebar because I was weary of being lowly and an insect. On other of my blogs, I'm a "Marauding Marsupial" and a "Large Mammal" in the TTLB Ecosystem, but here on Blog-Blond, a lowly insect--fuggedabotit! The Blond has some pride! I started as an Insignificant Microbe, so I suppose that's some consolation. There's one blog which is on the Higher Beings list which makes me wonder how the heck it made it there. Is there any way to sleep your way up the Bear Ladder? Meow!

7. The blog urban legend which goes like this: add the Alexa toolbar to your computer and the widget to your sidebar and then surf your own blog to raise your Alexa score doesn't seem to work for me. Yes, I've tried it! Your blogalicious teacher is VERY experimental. Does it work for any of you? Does a good Alexa rating matter at all? Certainly many bloggers have weighed-in on this subject, and many feel Alexa is antiquated and unimportant. Your thoughts?

8. When I twitter, I've got ZERO idea why I'm twittering. Does anyone read my twitters? Does anyone notice or care? Why do I bother twittering at all when I could be frittering? Frittering is much more fun than twittering, and I'm only twittering to experiment and determine if there's something I'm missing about twittering...and even then, I have to force myself to twitter after chugging happy juice. So why do you twitter?

That's all for today...over and out. Mr. "Humor-blogs.com", what say ye?





Labels: , , , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 10:24 AM

10 Comments

  • Blogger Mushy posted at Monday, July 09, 2007  
    I'm just crushed that your crush isn't on me!
  • Blogger Blog Bloke posted at Tuesday, July 10, 2007  
    Well I remember frittering, er twittering you. Was it as good for you as it was for me?
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at Tuesday, July 10, 2007  
    I'll fritter or twitter with you any day babe. Jim
  • Blogger Miss Cellania posted at Tuesday, July 10, 2007  
    I gave up on TTLB after they didn't update my stats for six months. Reddit beats Digg for finding good stuff, but the old boy network in both places makes it hard to get something promoted. Getting high rank at Alexa is way difficult, Technorati is easier. But any way you look at it, you just gotta look at building traffic first, then the ratings will come sooner or later.
  • Anonymous Blog Bloke posted at Tuesday, July 10, 2007  
    It worked! I think you're cute too. Let's meet.

    ... Chris
  • Anonymous Women's Health Zone posted at Wednesday, July 11, 2007  
    Hello Kuanyin,

    Well at least you came out from hesitation about the rule of meme...:) good thing... I can see a lot will be doing that soon...

    New here Hi..
  • Blogger a.k.a. Blandly Urbane posted at Wednesday, July 11, 2007  
    Thanks for posting this as it reminded me that I am lagging on my part in continuingthis...thanks to One Old Green Bus.

    I don't like things about me, makes me think, I don't like thinking...
  • Anonymous girliegeek posted at Wednesday, July 11, 2007  
    I really enjoy your blog and thought you deserved this award :)

    http://girliegeek.wordpress.com/2007/07/12/my-day-has-been-brightened/
  • Anonymous RennyBA posted at Thursday, July 12, 2007  
    Great meme - good to know you even better - thanks for sharing!

    Ad #2: I'm glad to be among your FB friends then. I do understand your syndrome though, so check friends in my profile - there are a lot of blog friends there and feel free to invite them!

    Good luck with further networking and remember. Blogging connecting people:-)
  • Blogger Kuanyin posted at Thursday, July 12, 2007  
    Mahalo Nui Loa and HUGS to Mushy, Blog Bloke, Miss Cellania, WHZ, Blandly Urbane, GirlyGeek and Rennyba...I be blessed with tricksters, friends, and readers!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link