Monday, August 13, 2007

Blog Virginity and Other True Life Tales of Blog Horror


Class, I'm absolutely horrified! And I'm asking you to help your blondalicious teacher out here! Console me and answer my poll below! Or enter my contest!

You see, I've gone and done it! Confession: I am no longer a Blog Contest Virgin! I know....I know what you're thinking! Your OWN sassy teacher. She of the black silk teddy, naughty lingerie, and feisty words actually started a blog contest of her own? Yes, tis true!

I wanted to experience how it felt, plus I wanted to see if offering a $50 Gift Certificate would make me excited, generous, loved, and happy! And it did. It did.... for a while.

Thus, on my Who's Yo Mama? blog, I've posted my first contest. I'm no longer a virgin. Late last night while the meteors were whizzing by and I was sooo excited watching them streak through the dark night sky, I recruited Elvis Presley from the grave to sing for my readers in a YouTube video on my blog contest. The contest rules are to subscribe to my blog and express feelings/thoughts/memories about the gorgeous song I selected titled, "I'll Remember You".

And here's where the horror part happens: are you ready??? Not one single eensy weensy reader has dared to enter the contest thus far! It's not like I asked someone to create a designer outfit for me with the hopes that it would fit me perfectly. It's not as if I asked someone to even link to me. It's not as if I asked a reader to do anything challenging. How hard is it to subscribe to a blog? Duh! Click click! You're done. How hard is it to blog about Elvis and a beautiful song? Double Duh!

Have I given my blog contest virginity away for nothing I'm asking myself in the light of day? Will anyone ever enter my contest? Oh, the horrors!

So here's what I want to know from you, my beloved students. I'm running a poll. Answer honestly, or I'll swat you.

  • Whatever, pour yourself a martini.
  • Next is the Mile High Club baby!
  • Whatever. Madonna lost hers multiple times.
  • It was totally worth it.
  • Give it time. It only hurts for a little while.


Mr. "Humor-Blogs.com"--have you lost yours too?

Labels: , , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 12:33 PM

5 Comments

  • Blogger hotdogman posted at Monday, August 13, 2007  
    DAMN! I wanted to be the first!

    I ran a contest to give away a hundred bucks a few months ago. The response was underwhelming. 3 entrants! :o(

    I may try again, but I don't know if I can bear to be hurt like that again......

    :op
  • Blogger Mushy posted at Monday, August 13, 2007  
    Well, your Highness, I already subscribe to both your blogs, but on BlogLines, but the subject matter didn't particularly interest me. Such a "gurly" song doesn't quite spark any interest with me.

    Now if it have been "Suspicious Mind", maybe I could have gotten into divorce scenarios or something like that! But...that will come soon enough in my own domain!

    Maybe we could discuss those two trees going at it on the rocky cliff there, with the essence of their love streaming down the hill!

    Anyway...I got my retirement check last week, so I'm set for another month!

    BTW...keep you head down...understand the re is a hurricane headin' your way!
  • Anonymous Chris C posted at Monday, August 13, 2007  
    I am glad you are listed on the humor-blogs directory. While you are not humor-specific, your advice, tips, etc are a big help.

    As for contests, I feel that you want to wait until you have a decent-sized returning readerbase for your blog before you have one.

    No matter the goal of a contest, it depends on participation. If you do not have that, then your goal will not be realized.
  • Blogger Kuanyin posted at Tuesday, August 14, 2007  
    Hey Mushy, the hurricane is going to be passing closer to the Big Island and not that close to us on Maui, but mahalo for the good vibes anyway! Heh heh, wonder how Elvis would think about singing what you call a "gurly" song! ;-)
  • Blogger Kuanyin posted at Tuesday, August 14, 2007  
    Hotdogman: mahalo for your entry!!

    Chris c: I guess I'll just have to hustle then. Mahalo for your insight!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link