Friday, August 17, 2007

Is Google All That? It Seems So!


Class, I've been cogitating about the immensity of Google lately. And when I chanced upon the Mashable blog with with a 60+ giganticarama Google toolbox, I began wondering what Google is NOT doing or going to do or going to offer us.

Heck, if we wait around long enough, maybe Google will make blogging a lot easier than it is...at least for me. You see...when it comes to tech stuff, your blondalicious teacher really has to stretch her brain....like....a LOT! I still don't know for sure how to unzip files. Or maybe the one I was trying to unzip today was merely corrupted.

I'd much prefer Google to do file unzipping for me so I can unzip real zippers. I want Google to prepare my succulent blogs ready to be served and eaten with zest. I want Google to take away all the boring tech stuff and let me just have fun being sassy and deviant. Gimme gimme more ease...please!

And that's my Friday Google Rant! Have a fun weekend!

Mr. "Humor-Blogs.com", if you're going to be naughty, try to hide it from Google.




Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 6:24 PM

4 Comments

  • Blogger -Jeane Michelle Culp posted at Sunday, August 19, 2007  
    Great find on that Mashable blog 60+ giganticarama, thanks for the share! I agree, let us just write and click perhaps a 'to-do box' by Google on how we want our Posts to look and what ever else we want, etc.
  • Blogger Sueblimely posted at Sunday, August 19, 2007  
    Although you are unsure how to 'unzip files' I am pleased that you know how to spell or those words may have been blocked by big brother Google as being unsuitable content for such a gentile blog as yours.

    I love tools and Google's are indeed immense but then I enjoy the tech stuff. The harder the better for me - I get satisfaction out of working things out. Thanks for the Mashable link.
  • Anonymous kermit johnson posted at Saturday, August 25, 2007  
    Does Google have a "dark side?" Google is contracting with the government of China to help censor internet activity. Also, Google never really deletes Gmail. If you are Gmail user, it would only take a subpoena instead of a warrant to search through your emails.

    Maybe if Google gets big enough, we will all have to have our blogs hosted by Google servers if we want to get indexed.

    Does this sound paranoid? Oh-oh! There's a knock on my door..They've come to take me away....GTG
  • Anonymous Colin posted at Sunday, August 26, 2007  
    hhhmmmm Google? Big Brother is a watching! Those who love Google Desktop, yahoo Desktop, MeetYourMessenger and so on are actually allowing these people to gather and store all the information that they type in. Sites viewed, length of visit, items purchased, method of purchase and most dangerous of all...your personal details. As for their Privacy Terms, it doesn't take much to get past them so that your information will be shared with whoever needs it.
    It has nothing to do with 'creating a more personal surfing experience, tailored to your needs' but alot to do with gathering as much personal information as possible.
    Welcome to George Orwell's 1984, albeit a few years late!!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link