Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Back From Rehab and Checking Back Into The Blogosphere


Class, I've been back from rehab for FIVE days now, and every time I think about posting here, I find something else to do like trying to see if I can swallow a whole donut or something else equally retarded! Ya see, blog rehab changed me! I no longer have the compulsion to blog about blogging and be THE most blondalicious whip-cracking teacher of all time! This doesn't mean I plan to quit blogging. Oh no! Too many of you naughty students emailed me and begged me to return. And so here I am in full black leather regalia with Jimmy Choo stilettos ready to crack that whip and kick ass again! You can kiss my Choos if you wish....but only the heel. And no slobbering!



So many things happened while I was gone. I missed out on Blog Rush which came and went as fast as OJ Simpson left Las Vegas....or so I read here and on other blogs. I wouldn't know as I was kept away from all things 'blog'. Tis true! Except for one time when I sneaked out to a computer, I was forced to shun all computers and even all the news. It wasn't until my return that I discovered the world was still the same. What a shocker!

So I decided to check up on Blog-Blond with the Website Grader to see how far I had slid while I was away. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I still had the respectable grade of 72! What does this 72 mean? Quoting from the website, this is what it means:

"A website grade of 72 for www.blog-blond.blogspot.com means that of the thousands of websites that have previously been submitted to the tool, our algorithm has calculated that this site scores higher than 72% of them in terms of its marketing effectiveness. The algorithm uses a proprietary blend of over a dozen different variables, including search engine data, website structure, approximate traffic, site performance, and others."

Sure, my Alexa score slipped a bit down to 347, 489. BFD! I never understood Alexa anyway. Could one of my brilliant students please explain it to me?

And Technorati totally baffles me! Why do they strip links away from bloggers so frequently? Why do they have to be such bad a$$$$$! Wouldn't it be nice if they added links every now and then like Santa Claus would do? I guess I should be so lucky to have any links considering that I'm a bad a$$ myself. But the point I want to make is this: See--we can go into rehab. We can take vacations. We can take time off from blogging.

The world will still be here when we return. The blogosphere misses us and REALLY wants us to come back! We might slide a little in our scores, but so what? Heck, if I can survive rehab and swallowing whole donuts, then everything else is a piece of cake.

Mwah, my darlings! I'm happy to be home! And I missed you too, Mr. "Humor-Blogs.com"!

Labels: , , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 7:10 PM

5 Comments

  • Anonymous Sueblimely posted at Wednesday, September 26, 2007  
    Welcome back. I missed you and your posts. Please tell us about your trip on one of your blogs.
  • Blogger Sueblimely posted at Wednesday, September 26, 2007  
    My browser crashed so I am not sure if my first comment sent or not. Just want to welcome you back - missed your posts and you too of course. I hope you had a wonderful trip. Please let us know about it on one of your sites.
  • Blogger Olga, the Traveling Bra posted at Thursday, September 27, 2007  
    Dear Teacher; Uh-oh...I flunked my test on Wesite Grader...guess I better crack open the books & start studying. Either that or go eat another donut!! :) So glad you're back!!!!
  • Anonymous RennyBA posted at Thursday, September 27, 2007  
    Mwah, my darling - good to see your back and also good to see your students are thrilled too :-)
  • Blogger Blog Bloke posted at Friday, September 28, 2007  
    To answer your questions:

    1. Technorati is rigged, and

    2. Alexa is a blond.

    Need I say any more?

    And speaking of grades, you're still on my A list babe!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link