Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My Meeting With St. Paul

Class, as some of you know, I've not been playing hooky and having fun, fun, fun! Oh no, I've been battling a vicious virus. Yesterday was the first day I've been somewhat lucid. The rest of the time has been spent in blog bardo where candidates for crossing-over hang-out....not a great place, I assure you. But an educational place nonetheless.

So since I'm the sassy, impatient type--the blondalicious teacher you've grown to love--I decided to knock on Heaven's Gate and call-out St. Peter to see whassup. Was this my time to go to Heaven? I wanted answers.

Here's some of our conversation:

Blog-Blond: Hey, I've been an industrious, diligent blogger and have been quite addicted to the sport of it. Is there any way I can blog in Heaven should I feel the urge? Are there Heavenly Bloggers?

St. Peter: I'm quite sorry to inform you we're not set up for bloggers. See that pile of rubble over there? {He pointed to a large junk pile} In that pile, you'll discover many shiny Google Vanity rings, Page Rank Status shrinkage scores, Technorati Authority scores, Alexa graphs, and many, many blog dreams.

Blog-Blond: {Horrified!} You mean I can't even take the satisfaction of doing a good job with me to Heaven? I understand about the Google Rings because Google has alienated lots of bloggers by lowering their page rank. But you'd think all of us who were just blogging for the joy of it should be able to take this joy with us.

St. Peter: Oh you can take the joy with you alright. No problemo! BUT if there is any false ego, money desires, narcissism, schemes to win friends, and/or piss-off your enemies, all of these will be stripped off the joy. Only the joy will go with you.

Blog-Blond: No wonder you're not set-up for bloggers in Heaven!

And what do you think, Mr. "Humor-Blogs.com"

Labels: , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 1:11 PM

3 Comments

  • Blogger Olga, the Traveling Bra posted at Friday, October 26, 2007  
    You are such a smart funny awesome supportive teacher!!! Please pickup your award at my blog! LOVE YA!
    ~Olga
  • Anonymous Deborah posted at Sunday, October 28, 2007  
    As always, you drive home a great point mixed with your clever wit and sense of humor :-)

    I SO much wanted to help while you were sick, and that's coming from the heart. But you already know my reasons for not being able to which I won't post here.

    It's great to see you back into the swing of things :-)
  • Anonymous Colin posted at Tuesday, October 30, 2007  
    Hi Kuanyin,
    Google won't be at the Pearly Gates will it :) ....it has a one way ticket in the other direction lol. Hope you have won the fight against the vicious virus.

    You have a Totally Fabulous award for this blog at http://grottynosh.wordpress.com/2007/10/29/more-awards-2/
    Colin
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link