Monday, October 08, 2007

That's How I Roll

Class, your once-very-sick teacher is now back in the classroom and cracking the whip! And guess what? I don't even need a doctor's report because I'm the teacher! And teachers can get by with all sort of s***. In this case, my down-time is all true, and I've really, really not been out clubbing and carousing!

With even more time away from you-- my beloved students--I've accumulated a back-log of homework for you...should you be diligent and industrious! Did I hear a groan? Good, that's what I want to hear because when I considered your homework assignment, I groaned and thought:

Who has time for ALL this?

Whom can I hire for a BLOG-JOB?

Why bother?

What's it worth to me?

When will I do this...when the proverbial hell freezes over?
Answer: Most Likely!

Will my naughty students do their homework?
Answer: Not likely!

What were these people thinking who compiled these lists?

Who are these people who compiled these lists--some new species of nerd/geek borgs?

Who gives the best blog-jobs?

Why is blogging beginning to feel like *gasp* work?

Where does blogging and obligation fit?

Why doesn't someone pitch-in and do this boring stuff for me? :Grump:

My thoughts may seem a tad toxic, but THAT'S HOW I ROLL!

What do you expect from a teacher who's been stuck in bed????

Your homework/mission should you choose to accept it:

5000 Resources To Do Just About Anything Online
(except help me out of course!)

55 Active RSS Directories To Help Promote Your Blog (load up a case of Red Bull!)

And for a good read of a blogger's wake-up call, read this post which I discovered via Deborah via Facebook. When you read it, I'm sure many of you will be able to relate. I sure did. And I too disabled comments for a period of time on some of my blogs....but then I enabled them again and just stopped obsessing about them.

After having released the posting and comment-craving desires, I felt much bettah--you know that one, right?! It was like I was ME again. Free again!

I'm sure you totally understand this Mr. "Humor-blogs.com"?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 2:32 PM

7 Comments

  • Anonymous CyberCelt posted at Monday, October 08, 2007  
    kuanyin,

    You have been awarded the "Nice Matters Award." Please click on my name to accept.
  • Blogger TOM posted at Tuesday, October 09, 2007  
    I love it when the HOT Teacher gets all worked up, I'm still thinking about "Best Blog-JoB"....I'll get beac to you with the list, right now I'll go see what that crazy Canadian is writing about
  • Anonymous Mark Fulton - DotSauce posted at Tuesday, October 09, 2007  
    Hey! Thanks for mentioning my article on 55 RSS Directories. Nice blog you have here :) Will definitely stop back by to read some more.
  • Blogger Sueblimely posted at Thursday, October 11, 2007  
    55 blog directories to submit to. I think I will procrastinate on this one - this blogging tactic saves so much time.
    Does anyone know which of these directories is most effective. Bummer , I think I have just created some more research for myself. Is the word bummer Australian or do others use it?
  • Blogger Sueblimely posted at Thursday, October 11, 2007  
    Here you go - should have known Darren would have an answer - So you want a blog job……: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2006/08/30/how-to-apply-for-a-blog-job/
    I will leave it up to you to look up the urban dictionary's definition of the term blog job!!!
  • Anonymous Deborah posted at Tuesday, October 16, 2007  
    Hmmm, I'll have to give this '5000 resources' thing some thought, I don't have anything off the top of my head.

    @ Tom, well I was about to nearly take offense to the 'crazy Canadian' statement, but I've probably rightly earned it ;-)

    Thanks so much for the plug Ms. Blond, but the link for the 'post' isn't working, so we can't read where you were trying to take us.
  • Blogger Kuanyin posted at Tuesday, October 16, 2007  
    Deborah...I checked all my links...and they're all good! Which one did you think wasn't working?
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link