Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mentor Me With Care

Class: I've received this beautiful BLOGGING MENTOR award from Sue of Blogging Sueblimely who created it with the idea of honoring our blogging mentors. Since I feel so strongly about this subject, I have to pull myself out of hiding/partying/goofing-off/healing (take your pick!) and pass this beautiful, snazzy award onto others who've mentored me.

I'm going to include those that have pestered me to get back into the blog game, those that have inspired me, and those that are such characters that I've got zero clue as to what drives them. They're forces of nature on the blogosphere.

A note before I get started listing these bloggers is: beginning on January 30th, there will be a HUGE blog dinner party carnival all over the blogosphere, and were it not for Kilroy, I probably would have been a slacker and not contributed. But he's such a sweet pest, I couldn't resist, and so some of my blog posts are included in this upcoming carnival.

This Carnival will be an on-going event, and so if you'd like to get your posts into the next one for February, sign-up by entering your posts now. Go to Kilroy's blog and follow the crumbs to the carnival. As I don't need to tell you AGAIN (thwack, thwack!), the more you get around and promote your blogs, eventually you'll find a good readership for your blogs.

Read Kilroy's excellent post on this subject by clicking here.

My honorees:

Sueblimely
Fresh Perspectives
RennyBA's Terella
Kilroy The Gonzo Papers
Barcelona Photoblog
Life In The Fast Lane
Blog Bloke
Billion Dollar Baloney
Maui Girls' Meanderings
Lifecruiser

Mr. "Humor-Blogs.com": what about you? Do you have mentors?

Labels: , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 1:05 PM

8 Comments

  • Anonymous Deborah posted at Wednesday, January 30, 2008  
    Awww, thanks so much Teach, I'm truly honored, especially coming from you :-)

    And trust Sue to come up with something so thoughtful ... you certainly deserve it :-)

    Talk about awards, you've been showered with a ton! But is it any wonder? It would seem many out there recognize how wonderful you are. As for being dubbed a sex blog, um, I think not.
  • Blogger Jeremy Jacobs posted at Wednesday, January 30, 2008  
    What's all this about then. You don't need to be a mentor. Just listen to Ian Dale in conversation with me. The video in on the left hand panel at Corporate Presenter.
  • Anonymous Blog Bloke posted at Wednesday, January 30, 2008  
    Ian Dale who?

    Heh, thanks for mentioning yours truly Kuanyin and it's good to see you back in the game. Give me a call and let me know how goes it.
  • Blogger Carlos Lorenzo posted at Wednesday, January 30, 2008  
    Hi Kuanyin. Most of all it is great that you showed up again. You know I am really sluggish and don't have a knack for chains but you prick up my ears every now and then. I am flattered with this inclusion, mainly because I don't deserve it. Maybe I am not too much in the social mood lately but I do remember when someone thinks of me and that person really means it, so I owe you one.
  • Blogger Mauigirl posted at Thursday, January 31, 2008  
    Hi Kuanyin, thanks so much for the award! I'm honored!

    I'm so glad to see you back - you truly are a mentor, I have learned a lot from you on both this blog and your others!
  • Anonymous Lifecruiser posted at Saturday, February 02, 2008  
    A truly well earned award you got there. I'm very, very proud to be mentioned for it too :-)

    *humble thanks*
  • Blogger Kilroy_60 posted at Saturday, February 09, 2008  
    The quality of successful teachers is an unending desire for learning. Which makes getting this award from you all the sweeter.

    As far as being a sex blog, I believe there was a typo. Definitely, sexy. It's intelligence that makes a pretty woman truly beautiful.

    By the way, you've been you've been tagged!
  • OpenID Pearl posted at Sunday, February 10, 2008  
    thank you so much for the award Kuanyin ... I really feel honored! and your blog really is sexy and beautiful... keep it up... have great week ahead.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link