Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm In Love With A Tiny Thing


Class, as you well know I've been taking a prolonged vacation, but that doesn't mean I've been inactive. Oh no-- your blondalicious teacher has been researching and studying and burning the famous midnight oil...that is, when I'm not doing other naughty things.

And I'm back to share about my latest love. Maybe you'll love the tiny thing too.

Yes, it's tiny, but OH IS IT BIG!

What I'm referring to is the Tiny URL.

What the Tiny URL does for me is a miracle! It shortens those horrible long, long addresses. And it does it all in a second! So instead of typing in those tedious story links oneself, all one does is copy and paste and voila--there is your link! And this link is so easy to copy into your Twitter updates or your Mixx submissions.

Oh, yes....I've also discovered Mixx and love it so much more than Digg for many reasons! One reason is that the ratio works for me: for every five stories you submit, the etiquette (or is it the rules?) is that you can then submit one of your very own, and thanks to the adorable and useful Tiny URL I've submitted four stories so far... so I'm nearly there.

If you're a Mixxer, I'm known as Kuanyin333 on Mixx.

Mixx gives Karma Points, and I've always liked the idea of karma....especially the kind of karma where the bad people get theirs! Yeh!

Your Mixx submissions can even go into your Twitter feed now. Or so Mixx announced, but I have yet to see my Mixx submissions appear in my Twitter. Grump!

Another new site I've discovered but haven't had much time to explore is Second Brain which is billing itself as "the first complete social aggregator". If you sign up now, you have a chance to win a MacBook Air and other cool prizes. So you know me, I signed up! Your ever hopeful teacher wants to finally win an online prize!

If I win it, I know whom I'm giving it to--someone that really needs it far more than me!

After all, I'm in love...and there's nothing that feels so good as spreading it around!

I'm submitting this to Humor Blogs.com.

They might recall who I am!

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 3:54 PM

3 Comments

  • Anonymous Babz/DBS posted at Friday, May 16, 2008  
    Hmmmm...good info. Thanks!
  • Blogger noplay posted at Monday, May 19, 2008  
    Hi there,

    Thank you for posting a review on Secondbrain.com and telling the world about our contest. We truly believe that we have a unique and useful approach to organizing all your online content.

    Pls let me know if you have any further suggestions to how we can a better Secondbrain.

    Lars
  • Anonymous Sueblimely posted at Friday, May 30, 2008  
    We are in sync - I am a fan of tiny url, Mixx and Second Brain. I keep forgetting to submit posts to Mixx though although I read and vote for them. So I thought I would make up for it by Mixxing yours :-)
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link