Tuesday, August 26, 2008

East of Microblogs--West of Second Life


Dear Class,

Once again you've shown up for your teacher, but she didn't show up for you. I've noticed your visits with the aid of Stat Counter, and I've been feeling more and more guilty about not updating and posting to inform of my whereabouts.

So guilty that today I'm writing you a belated apology letter!

I've been an irregular blogging teacher posting from the very beginning with Blog-Blond. You've witnessed this irregularity, and you've tolerated my lackadaisical approach to sharing hot blog tips laced with saucy, sassy humor. You've been GOOD to me, even if you often failed to leave comments.(Ye olde guilte trype! Gotta throw it in!)

Many of my naughty students prefer emailing me instead which is khewl. I don't reply to ALL emails, but I truly enjoy and appreciate receiving them. Some I even print out to let my dog chew. He says they're very tasty.

The reasons why I've been m.i.a. are listed below in random order:

  1. I've fallen in love with microblogs (Twitter, Plurk, Pownce, etc.) because they're fast and easy like an afternoon delight. If I'm super busy, I use Ping.fm to post to all my microblogs in one message. Admitted, there is nothing profound conveyed in these messages, but just the same, posting on them gets my ya-ya's out. And my ya-ya's really need to get out!!!
  2. I've also fallen MORE in love with Second Life and have been spending time there perfecting my Second Life skills, bonding with a group of SL friends, shopping, exploring, and one of these fine days will finally build a virtual home. The photo above is my avatar in one of her many skins and costumes. And yes, I'm glad you noticed--I'm a brunette in SL which is amazingly less complicated than being a blond! I purchased an expensive blond 'skin' (a SL term) but have yet to wear it because I'm experiencing too much joy as a brunette. Who sez blond's have more fun? I've been rocking the grrlpower in SL, and blogs are so boring by comparison.
  3. Exercise and attention to my health and well-being are required. After two years posting on 11 blogs and feeling the self-imposed obligation to post at least three or more times a week on all of them, I've become more than a little burned out! Even when traveling, I've usually posted on some of them--such was my dedication---err, addiction!
  4. The book I began writing prior to becoming a blog addict isn't completed , and I've now resumed the task of writing the remaining chapters. When it's published either as an e-book or RL book, I'll let ya know! I'm sure you'll want to read this one---HOT, HOT, HOT!
And FINALLY, my BEST excuse/alibi/reason is: there are much better blog teacher/tipsters than myself, your Blondalicious Teacher. These bloggers write amazing posts and are REALLY into their craft and at the top of their game!

Since they're so REALLY into it (and I'm not at this point), their posts should be shared with ya'll just in case you missed them.

Here's the links from recent posts which are very worthy and educational:

"12 Tips For Identifying Web 2.0 Scams"


"Are You Trustworthy?" by Sonia Simone

"What Makes For A Good Blog"

"The Naturals"

And I'm submitting this to "Humor-Blogs.com" because that's the way I roll.


Forever yours in the Blogosphere,





Labels: , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 11:13 AM

5 Comments

  • Anonymous RennyBA posted at Tuesday, August 26, 2008  
    The subject to this post sounds like a Norwegian fairytale :-)

    Despite the irregular, its always good to know we are noticed by you as visitors ;-) Always great to be recognized by a blog friend like you.

    Long time since I've been in Second Life - is it still fun?

    Have a great week!
  • Anonymous Lifecruiser posted at Tuesday, August 26, 2008  
    I so recognize this. *guilty*

    Though I must admit I love to see your plurks :-)

    I'm irritated at ping.fm though. I seem to have forget my password and they don't answer my request for help to reset it... *sigh*
  • Blogger Carlos posted at Wednesday, August 27, 2008  
    I won't cry I won't shed a tear. I know how hard and bitter it is to post, so, no hard feelings. I am one of those who prefers contacting you via other sources. Shame on me! Sniff, sniff. You see! I knew I would cry in the end. Are them chicks goog enough in Second Life. I love brunettes. Hey don't get caught on the other side of the mirror. You don't even hava a house! See you on the mysterious waves of the internet.
  • Blogger Kuanyin Moi posted at Wednesday, August 27, 2008  
    Carlos: my dog doesn't chew YOUR emails--in fact, they are savored by me! Doggie doesn't even get one bite!

    To clear up any confusion, Blog-Blond isn't going AWAY for good...she was merely apologizing for her lack of consistency and updates. So dry your tears dear one!
  • Anonymous Blog Bloke posted at Saturday, September 06, 2008  
    I miss you too sweety! I especially miss that sardonic wit of yours. It's really hard trying to brave the blogosphere without you watching my back.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link