Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Do You Have a Nemesis?


Class: I'm back to speak to you of a serious matter: your nemesis!

Since most of my naughty students have probably acquired several merely by hanging around the Blogosphere, you might as well learn the meaning of 'nemesis': "An opponent that cannot be beaten or overcome."

These opponents or adversaries may become the bane of your life as they seek to best you in your blogging niche. They may steal your ideas, scrape your copy, suck up to your best blogging buddies, make up stories about you, cheat, and in general, thoroughly piss you off. Oftentimes, the nemeis will fall under the category of Frenemy which means you can't go on the overt attack.

And truth be told, once you get rid of one nemesis, like weeds, another couple will spring up!

What do you do about your (current) nightmare nemesis? Here's my helpful tips for coping:

1. Take a philosophical stance. Rather than react with anger and write a nasty email or two, ask for help from those who know how to deal with your nemesis in a calm manner. For example, I usually call Uncle Vinnie who'll make a polite house call and 'splain things. That usually does the trick. Uncle Vinnie's house calls really make an impression, ya know?!

2. Rally your forces and friends to your side. I've heard many a story how the mob approach worked to bring repentance and apologies for the nemesis's misdeeds.

3. Calmly wait your turn. Study the Achilles Heel of your nemesis and aim you arrow at a critical moment for him/her. Study their blogs, and you'll know the perfect time when to release your post about an award or your Oprah show interview.

Yes, my dear students, I've heard many a story about the horrors of a nemesis.

Having a nemesis comes with every territory! You can't outrun them, for like in the Matrix movies, these creatures are self-replicating, and they'll return in another form. You may get your sweet revenge and kick butt after butt, but know the pleasure of victory won't last for long.

So do what your Blondalicious Teacher does: kick back with with your friends and family, have some good belly laughs, diss your nemesis as you chill, and laugh it off.

This post is going up on "Humor-Blogs.com".


Labels: , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 4:31 PM

5 Comments

  • Anonymous Deborah posted at Tuesday, October 07, 2008  
    Stab them in the heart with a fork and tell them they're done.

    Oh, did I say that out loud? ;-)

    Me and the boys will be at your beck and call if you're in need of assistance, my good friend, hehe.
  • Anonymous RennyBA posted at Friday, October 10, 2008  
    I don't have any right now - so I hope its okay to get back to you if I find one ;-)

    Wishing you a great end to your week!
  • Anonymous rv dealer posted at Wednesday, October 15, 2008  
    well this is nice image
  • Anonymous Dan Mihaliak posted at Monday, October 20, 2008  
    I don't have one. Do I need one?
  • Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic posted at Thursday, October 23, 2008  
    I have always known at least one person to loath me, yet since I moved to Fort Worth I have not found that person.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link