Friday, November 07, 2008

Trimming The Blog and Twit Fat

I was shocked to discover all the cr** on my computer recently, even with all the housekeeping I do on a daily basis. Something diabolical had attached itself to my 'puter, and it took a long time to get rid of this yukky thing. In the process, I discovered so much MORE to delete. My history. My cache.

Twitter people who don't follow me back. Deleted.

Twitter people who only write, "Updated my Squidoo page." Deleted

Twitter people who promote, promote, promote. Deleted.

Twitter people who only write good night or good morning. Deleted.

Cracking the whip never felt so good. Quite satisfying and juicy.

The same thing happened to blogs which were not updated. Deleted. The bloggers hadn't even bothered to inform me their blog had died, or they had offed or abandoned it. I said a silent prayer for all the blogs who had passed my way and who were now zombified in cyber-land.

There should be an online cemetery for dead blogs, dontcha think? This would be a place where we could go and light a candle or place some flowers on their cyber grave and honor them.

Back to the present--what captures my attention are amusing, creative, and generous bloggers twitter-ers, and plurkers.

I've listed some of my favs on my Funny Blogs Squidoo site.

This will find a home on "Humor-Blogs.com".

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 8:35 PM

9 Comments

  • Anonymous RennyBA posted at Monday, November 10, 2008  
    I'll always twitter you back Blond!

    Have a great week, with or without cookies :-)
  • Blogger LJP posted at Monday, November 10, 2008  
    I did the same thing with my blogroll. 5 or more were totally dead links. I think the blog graveyard is a good idea. We could light er... virtual candles?

    Cheers :-)
    LJP
  • Blogger Mauigirl posted at Saturday, November 29, 2008  
    I always find it disconcerting to check a link I hadn't checked recently and find the blog gone. I worry - did something happen to them?

    I prefer if someone is going to stop blogging that they say farewell and leave the blog up. At least then you know.
  • Blogger Kathleen posted at Tuesday, December 16, 2008  
    it kinda hurts my head with all the social network stuff out there. It's stressful enough to decide who you should friend on facebook. :)
  • Anonymous debt relief posted at Wednesday, January 07, 2009  
    I love the Cookie cartoon
  • Anonymous arizona auto insurance posted at Monday, June 29, 2009  
    Only recently did I open a facebook account. I had to see what the fuss is all about. I see where kids love it but not sure about us adults. I guess many older people do too.
  • Anonymous az carpet cleaner posted at Sunday, August 30, 2009  
    I watched so much Sesame Street when the kids were young, I laughed at the cartoon caption. Oh boy could I relate.
  • Anonymous Used Bucket Trucks posted at Monday, February 22, 2010  
    lol...the Cookie monster cartoon cracked me up!!!
  • Anonymous insurance in arizona posted at Wednesday, October 13, 2010  
    That blog graveyard is a great idea! Someone should make an iphone app that searches and shows the dead blogs in that blog graveyard and you can leave virtual flowers for them.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link