Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas from Blog-Blond

Class: Thank you for continuing to stalk me & show-up for class, even though I've been taking a long, long sabbatical. You're the best *naughty* students a teacher could ever wish for!

As you've probably figured out by now, I'm enjoying my freedom from the obligation of blogging, even though those dratted microblogs do catch my attention and energy! Twitter, Plurk, and Identi.ca are the places to hang out these days. Facebook has also lured me in to it's diabolical clutches, and every day I find a new friend wanting to befriend me.

I cherish my friends and followers. They're a whole lot more reliable than commenters, especially the lack-luster commenters on this blog. When I reply to someone on Twitter, Plurk, or Facebook, they get right back to me! 'Responsive' rates high in my book!

Here's my tip for today since I'm already here: sign up for Google's alert which notifies you when people are talking about you or what lists you may be on or anything whatsoever referencing you. Google is the sharpest spy in the world. This notification notice comes to your email once a day, and signing-up is one of the best moves I made this year.

I've made a few good moves and many mistakes this year, but what else is new?! I'm still alive and kickin'.

Next year I'll go to the age-old formula of t & a for this blog because that is what sells, right? Hah! I can just see some of your expressions through the computer. Just kidding! *maybe*

How about you? What have you learned about blogging this year? If you don't comment here, I'm sure you'll get back to me on Twitter or Facebook, right?

This post will go up on "Humor-blogs.com".

Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 11:12 AM

10 Comments

  • Anonymous J.D. Meier posted at Wednesday, December 24, 2008  
    Merry Christmas to you too!

    Yeah, Google alerts are quite cool.

    The biggest lesson I learned in blogging is an old lesson I keep forgetting: Impress yourself first.
  • Anonymous J.D. Meier posted at Wednesday, December 24, 2008  
    Merry Christmas to you too!

    The biggest blog lesson I learned is actually an old lesson I keep forgetting: Impress yourself first.
  • Anonymous Pearl posted at Thursday, December 25, 2008  
    Hi Kuanyin

    A very Merry Christmas to you! It's funny I feel the same, Im hanging out more at twitter, facebook and stumbleupon recently - rarely at Digg and Mixx but never at plurk - and hardly blogging.. but I plan to get better though and I am just very glad to have made so many contacts via this online adventure too.. hmm blogging this year has really made my sad times a bit less sad so I'd never give it up completely :)

    Wishing you a wonderful New Year as well
  • Blogger Carlos Lorenzo posted at Saturday, December 27, 2008  
    Great post. Funny image LOL All the best Kuan Yin. Happy New Year!
  • Blogger Miss Cellania posted at Wednesday, December 31, 2008  
    I learned that no matter how much time it sucks up, blogging is still a pretty darn cool way to make a living. There were times I hated it, but altogether this has been a pretty good year!

    Happy New Year to you! I hope 2009 is wonderful for you!
  • Anonymous RennyBA posted at Wednesday, January 07, 2009  
    Sorry I am late - hope you had a great holiday and wish you all the best for 2009!

    Btw: See my last post: Could you please support me?
  • Anonymous www.jugsi.com posted at Thursday, January 08, 2009  
    :)) people have imagination, sometimes too much, but this one is funny because of santas face expresion:)) rudolf it's funny also
  • Blogger Olga, the Traveling Bra posted at Saturday, January 10, 2009  
    Aloha Kuanyin!!! I hope all's well! I have a little sumthin for you on me blog!
    XOXOXO
  • Blogger G.C. PHILO posted at Saturday, January 10, 2009  
    Yep, T & A definitely works. I've been using it for years...
  • Blogger Yinsi Yat posted at Tuesday, January 13, 2009  
    Happy New Year!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link