Monday, October 03, 2011

Obligations Are So Yesterday


Class: Your Blondalicious Teacher has something to get off her massive chest today, and I'm sure this is something you can resonate with: OBLIGATION.

Now since you know I'm a very free-spirited & slightly spoiled blogger/artist/jetsetter, I've never liked obligations and have done my best to avoid them most of my life. They're so tiresome. However, due to events outside my control (and yours), I'm often required to be pc and play along. (when the cows come home with fingers & toes crossed)

One of the obligations I most detest is returning phone calls.

As a child of the internet & text generation, I'd most prefer to reply via email or text-- either of these reply methods is much easier because they give you time to think of an 'out' to an invite or whatever--plus you don't get ambushed as easily as you do when on the phone and someone surprises you before you've had a chance to think up a lie.

Another obligation I quite dislike is returning the favor of commenting on another's blog. Now I know this isn't kosher to admit, but I'm admitting it anyway. I like to comment when I feel like it, but not because I'm supposed to do so. Actually, I played the comment game for many years as a diligent blogger & made many wonderful friendships this way, but after awhile, it became an OBLIGATION.

So I checked myself into Obligation Rehab and shed that time consuming habit. Now I've got many more hours in my day to screw around and be lazy--my preferred modality.

Recently I had another obligation test when I ran into an old friend & she suggested we do lunch. She told me to call her. Have I called her back? One guess.

This person obviously doesn't know I've proudly stepped into and embraced my Bitch Hood!

But I digress...what I want you my faithful readers and deliciously naughty students to know is that I give a rat's a$$ if you comment or don't comment or read my posts. I write them for whomever happens to be so bored as to land here and takes the time to learn & laugh.

I release you from all obligations. You are free to tiptoe on by even though I can see your tracks.

We are free. Now doesn't that feel better?!

Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 3:40 PM

6 Comments

  • Blogger Paste Eater Club posted at Wednesday, October 05, 2011  
    I am not sure how to take this. Is there going to be a quiz on this later? Do I get extra credit for making a comment when you released me from obligation? Is this a trick??
  • Blogger Kuanyin Moi posted at Wednesday, October 05, 2011  
    Well, this IS the month for Trick or Treat, is it not?

    But why the heck not give you a treat too. Heh heh
  • Blogger Tiffany Colon posted at Tuesday, October 18, 2011  
    I find this quite true. Why do we have to feel Obligated to leave a post or comment. Facebook has become a huge part or this because now a days when someone comments on your "wall" it feels liek an obligation to comment back. Whats wrong with the world
  • Blogger Monkeygirl posted at Monday, December 19, 2011  
    Oh dammit thank you! I feel better already. People who leave voicemail messages and say things like "alright, call me back" are being bullies with a smile. I don't want to call you back! That's why God created texting and email and facebook and carrier pigeon!!

    Or people who leave you emails AND Facebook messages AND text you. I used to get phone calls at 645am from someone I work with reminding me to check my email when I got in. WTF!!
  • Anonymous pammustard posted at Saturday, February 25, 2012  
    Thanks for making me laugh! So funny! I just recently started blogging and will be checking in often to your insightful, honest and hilarious tutorials!
  • Anonymous jimmy posted at Thursday, May 31, 2012  
    luvn it great stuff, keep it comin al be back 4 more yeyayea :)
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link